I rebuilt the whole brake system on my 1962 c60. All new wheel cylinders, shoes, hoses, lines and master cylinder. The hydrovac was rebuilt by one of the only rebuilders in my area and it soon failed. The hydrovac may have been good back in its day when they were new but good cores, rebuild kits and rebuilders are hard to find, it was the obvious weak link in my new system.
I ended up going the hydroboost conversation route and wish I didn’t waste time and money fussing with the hydrovac.
I’m planning on doing a full post on it but I want to get more seat time before reporting back on it. After a few months I finally found a company willing to insure the truck and got to drive it for the first time yesterday. The brakes work great so far with plenty of stopping power and a great pedal feel.
My truck has a 327ci. I made up custom brackets and mounted a Saginaw power steering pump.
Hydroboost and master is from a 2005 Suburban 2500.
Clutch master is from a mid 60’s International truck.
I had to make a firewall plate to mount them.
I extended the clutch torsion rod 4.5” because the clutch master is now mounted that much wider away.
The new hydroboost rod was welded to the old adjustable master rod.
I used a high pressure line from the suburban which I cut and spliced (using proper fittings) to get the length and shape needed. Return lines are low pressure since there is no restriction from a steering gear.
Not sure when I will get a full thread on it posted so if you have any questions or want part numbers or specs let me know.