The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Happy Birthday U S A !

Celebrating

Life, Liberty
and the
Persuit of Happiness

Happy Birthday
A M E R I C A

July 4 - 246 years

Stories, Pictures, Thoughts

Stovebolt Site Search
'
Oh Lord, I just gotta find it....

A pdf guide to help you search the Site

Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
7 members (Justhorsenround, JW51, D B Cooper, 1951chevy3100AD, tclederman, Hambone), 91 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics128,080
Posts1,037,103
Members45,928
Most Online1,229
Jan 21st, 2020
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#1422916 Sat Sep 04 2021 01:32 PM
M
'Bolter
What's the consensus, OK or Not? When outside I wear a hat most of the time, but a cap is right at home on my noggin as well. After a reread of the below I edited and toned down my thoughts on the subject. smile

Guess it's a age thing but I'm amazed at the number of people who think it's OK to keep a hat or cap on while inside at the dinner table. I take mine off (even outside unless it's raining) when eating. Wearing a hat or cap at the table (or in the house) shows a lack of manners and no sense of proper etiquette. Anyone that thinks it's alright to wear a cap or hat inside just wasn't raised right.

RonR

Last edited by moparguy; Sat Sep 04 2021 02:20 PM.

1951 3600 with Clark flatbed, T5, 4.10 rear
1970 340 Duster
1990 5.0 V8 Miata (1990 Mustang Gt Drivetrain)
1951 Farmall Super A

Grease Monkey, Moderator General Truck Talk & Greasy Spoon
If I’m outside at a picnic or other informal gathering where food is served, the hat/cap stays on except during the prayer. I don’t wear head coverings inside. It used to drive me nuts at large indoor gatherings where the cowboys would wear their hats. I guess I’ve mellowed in my old age because I really don’t care anymore.

Martin
'62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress)
'47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project)
‘65 Chevy Biscayne 4dr 230 I-6 one owner (I’m #2) “Emily”
‘39 Dodge Businessmans Coupe “Clarence”

"I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one!
Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop!
USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)

Ex Hall Monitor
If I'm in a public restaurant or outside I wear my hat. If I'm at a formal function I don't. If I'm eating with friends at their house I wear it unless I'm asked not to. When I was a lad one of my aunts would always scold me for wearing a hat in her house when we visited so I'd take it off in her home. I try to be considerate of others in their home or function. For me, wearing a hat is as normal as wearing pants.

Save a life, adopt a senior shelter pet.
The three main causes of blindness: Cataracts, Politics, Religion.
Let's go Jared!
Name your dog Naked so you can walk Naked in the park.
W
'Bolter
I rarely wear a hat or cap. I feel uncomfortable wearing one at the table but my hair is so mused wearing one in a fast food place I do. When I was in the army I avoided wearing one most of the time after basic.

Ron, The Computer Greek
I love therefore I am.

1960 MGA Roadster Sold 7/18/2017
1954 3100 Chevy truck in the Gallery
2017 Buick Encore
Pix on Photobucket
D
'Bolter
Here in Florida if a man wears his western style hat inside he is not a gentleman. Anything outside is ok but, if a woman is present it is expected to take ones hat off. Over the past 20 years or so more and more men wear their baseball/logo logo caps inside and outside no matter what the event. It is rude and crood to wear at the table. My boys know this and know to always open the door for their wives/girlfriends. The first date my oldest daughter was going on without her brothers as chaperones I watched the young man as he got to the car. He did not open the door for my daughter. I went out and retrieved my daughter, my daughter (much to her frustration), and told the young man to learn about Southern courtesies. The next time he came to the door he did not honk his horn for Edana to come out, he walked her to his car and opened the door. I told him to walk her to our front door at 10:00 and not be a minute late. I made a few days later concrete headstones on my driveway. The first on said my daughter's first boyfriend, second through third was numbered accordingly. USMC rules. doc

Currently making 1954 3100 better than new and Genetics
H
Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer)
"Raise up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it". It seems that polite behavior went out of style a few generations ago, so getting frustrated about others' rudeness just rasies my blood pressure to levels it shouldn't reach. Wearing a ball cap or other headgear in a USAF barracks hootch bar in southeast Asia could get expensive, as the offender was expected to buy a round for everyone in the place! Most of them had a big bell that the barmaid would ring if somebody forgot and wore his hat inside. Taking that hat off at the doorway soon became a reflexive act.
Jerry

"Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose"
Kris Kristofferson

Cringe and wail in fear, Eloi- - - - -we Morlocks are on the hunt!

WAG MORE- - - - - -BARK LESS!
Leo Offline
'Bolter
Here in Canada we have the Legion Halls, run by military vets. Anyone coming inside has to be without headgear, no exceptions. Interesting seeing the vets confronting a kid wearing his ball cap backwards. Kid always obeys.

H
Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer)
Unless you're an ironworker or some other flavor of welder who is trying to keep sparks from going down his collar, a backwards ball cap or hard hat seems to equate to a total lack of common sense- - - -especially when the dummy is shading his eyes with his hand when he steps out into the sunlight!
Jerry

"Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose"
Kris Kristofferson

Cringe and wail in fear, Eloi- - - - -we Morlocks are on the hunt!

WAG MORE- - - - - -BARK LESS!
Grease Monkey, Moderator General Truck Talk & Greasy Spoon
I’ve been looking for years for one of those ball caps with the bill on the back. I can’t find one anywhere. In addition to that I can’t find one that pulls down and covers the tops of my ears. I guess I must be looking in the wrong stores.
[elvis]

Martin
'62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress)
'47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project)
‘65 Chevy Biscayne 4dr 230 I-6 one owner (I’m #2) “Emily”
‘39 Dodge Businessmans Coupe “Clarence”

"I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one!
Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop!
USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)

W
'Bolter
thumbs_up

Ron, The Computer Greek
I love therefore I am.

1960 MGA Roadster Sold 7/18/2017
1954 3100 Chevy truck in the Gallery
2017 Buick Encore
Pix on Photobucket
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Justhorsenround 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop