The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Stovebolt Site Search
'
Oh Lord, I just gotta find it....

A pdf guide to help you search the Site

Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
7 members (KEVINSKI, D B Cooper, DennisM, EchoBravoSierra, JasonP, Phoneguy), 103 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums60
Topics126,046
Posts1,018,695
Members45,413
Most Online1,229
Jan 21st, 2020
Image Posting Policy
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Bypass oil line routing ?
#1422878 Fri Sep 03 2021 10:34 PM
B
BCLEM Offline OP
'Bolter
'nother newby question. On my 235 motor, theoretically from a 57 belair donor, the return line from the filter canister bolted on the intake is routed around the motor and connected to a fitting in the side of the head on the passenger side. The feed line is coming from a T low on the drivers side. I've seen a few pictures of motors with the same connection but I've also seen return lines routed to a passage not far from the feed port. What gives ? Can I move my return line to the drivers side for a cleaner look ?

Re: Bypass oil line routing ?
BCLEM #1422886 Sat Sep 04 2021 01:55 AM
P
'Bolter
That spot on the head was an access point that Chevrolet used to drill a horizontal passage to supply oil to the rocker shafts. It was plugged with a 1/8” pipe plug originally.
If there has been some passage way that has become plugged in the block or before that horizontal path, it was common to run an external line to that spot.
You can try to relocate the return line and see if you still get oil to the rocker.

See the USA in your vintage Chevrolet!
My Blog

Moderated by  Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop