The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Remember old days

Remember
The old Bulletin Board?

click to enter

The old Bulletin Board has been removed from the server. And with recent "spring" cleaning, we are removing links back to it. The BB is still out in cyber space (to some extent) thanks to
The Wayback Machine.
Stovebolt Site Search
'
Oh Lord, I just gotta find it....

A pdf guide to help you search the Site

Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
12 members (3B, D B Cooper, EchoBravoSierra, 55shaker, Bill Ryle, 68ironhead, 1 invisible), 99 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics128,110
Posts1,037,373
Members45,936
Most Online1,229
Jan 21st, 2020
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1421446 Sat Aug 21 2021 09:38 PM
52Clark Offline OP
'Bolter
As the title indicates, a complete 1952 Chevrolet 3800 truck with owner added grain box for sale, asking $1,000. Located in Roseau County, Minnesota.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/VCKc5A2uu8dtXLNY8

More pictures: https://photos.app.goo.gl/YhDDxYbpMSqc2PSSA

As best I know the history of this vehicle: it has spent its life on one farm and was used to haul grain and seed between the farm and grain elevators. Odometer indicates 27,XXX miles. I have no reason to doubt that is accurate. It has been parked in a lean-to next to a barn for ~38 years. It was taken out for the first time in July and given a light rinsing. Last licensed in 1982.

Overall condition appears to be very good considering it’s age and location. The worst damage appears to be the crease in the roof of the cab. Based on the amount of rust underneath it’s unlikely it was driven during the winter very much. Overall this vehicle is quite clean and as best I can tell very few, if any, parts are missing.

Options: Unfortunately there were very few options ordered on this truck. It has the 4 speed transmission and that is about it for mechanical options. Not sure of the engine size. NOT a five-window cab nor does it have a 2-speed rear-end.

Obviously, vehicle does not run but tires hold enough air to roll it around. Currently parked so it can be loaded onto a trailer or flatbed from either end.

I’m happy to answer any questions you may have about the truck. If you want to see it in person I’ll have to pass you on to a family member who lives nearby.

Clark

'Bolter
Nice truck
It has these options I can see in photos:
delux heater, hydro vac brake booster, heavy duty auxiliary spring, dual rear wheels

The air cleaner is a bit small, maybe not the original one?
-s

52Clark Offline OP
'Bolter
2Many - Thanks for letting me know the other options! It always amazes me what other people know in their area of expertise.

Should note for anyone who is slightly interested, $1,000 is the starting point. Price is very negotiable.

Clark

D
'Bolter
That is a nice old truck! doc

Currently making 1954 3100 better than new and Genetics
'Bolter
Hello Clark . . .

Was just looking at your ad . . nice truck!! I have a fellow who was looking at mine (1951 6100) and he has become enthused with your truck for his project. He would like to get in touch with you . . . can you send me a phone number that I can pass along?!!

Appreciate it . . hope I can get you guys together . .

Dennis

52Clark Offline OP
'Bolter
Thanks for the interest but the truck has been sold.

Moderated by  John Milliman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop