The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Big Thanks!

Big THANKS to

MONGO
for hosting
the weekend event.

Read all about it.

Stovebolt Site Search
'
Oh Lord, I just gotta find it....

A pdf guide to help you search the Site

Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
9 members (fonz8261, Dongray, bsarts, Bruce36 1.5, 66flea, 1 invisible), 148 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums60
Topics124,655
Posts1,006,157
Members44,993
Most Online1,229
Jan 21st, 2020
Image Posting Policy
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
What car/truck officially got you sucked into this hobby?
#1411927 Sun May 30 2021 01:09 AM
P
'Bolter
I've posted it before, but I think the car that really sucked me into this hobby was my uncle's 1934 Dodge Business Coupe. My father told me all kinds of car stories, but seeing that Dodge sucked me in. A close 2nd was a guy who would come through our neighborhood with a white '66 or '67 Pontiac LeMans.

I've been hooked on cars and trucks ever since.

1957 Chevy Panel Truck, powered by SBC 350 from 1977 Camaro
Author, Bring CHANGE Into Your Life (a truly easy investment tool)
https://www.amazon.com/Bring-CHANGE-Into-truly-investment/dp/1077276869
Re: What car/truck officially got you sucked into this hobby?
pan3lman #1411929 Sun May 30 2021 01:36 AM
J
Unrepentant VW Lover
For me, it was the green 2-ton AD stakebody truck my dad would borrow from time to time from the girls summer camp owner near our home in Eaton Center, NH when I was about 9 (fine, do the math, then. The year was 1970-72 ish). I don't know what year it was, but I can see it plain as anything in my mind and riding with dad in that truck is what got me totally hooked on old trucks. And, thus, what got me motivated to create this web site.

So ... after a lot of years chasing my tail, traveling to distant lands as one of Uncle Sam's Misguided Children and what not, I am finally able (in retirement) to get back to my first career choice and I am a web site developer here and there for old trucks and a part time tractor trailer driver for a friend. And loving it. It's all that darn AD 2-ton's fault!

John

"Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive."
— C. S. Lewis

'49 Chevrolet 3804

John Milliman #1411933 Sun May 30 2021 01:50 AM
P
'Bolter
Originally Posted by John Milliman
For me, it was the green 2-ton AD stakebody truck my dad would borrow from time to time from the girls summer camp owner near our home in Eaton Center, NH when I was about 9 (fine, do the math, then. The year was 1970-72 ish). I don't know what year it was, but I can see it plain as anything in my mind and riding with dad in that truck is what got me totally hooked on old trucks. And, thus, what got me motivated to create this web site.

So ... after a lot of years chasing my tail, traveling to distant lands as one of Uncle Sam's Misguided Children and what not, I am finally able (in retirement) to get back to my first career choice and I am a web site developer here and there for old trucks and a part time tractor trailer driver for a friend. And loving it. It's all that darn AD 2-ton's fault!

That is a great memory! Thanks for sharing it!

1957 Chevy Panel Truck, powered by SBC 350 from 1977 Camaro
Author, Bring CHANGE Into Your Life (a truly easy investment tool)
https://www.amazon.com/Bring-CHANGE-Into-truly-investment/dp/1077276869
pan3lman #1411934 Sun May 30 2021 02:01 AM
Grease Monkey, Moderator General Truck Talk & Greasy Spoon
I think for me it was a guy up the block from me had a 1950 Chevy Convertible. It was baby blue and had baby moon hubcaps. On the rear quarter panels he had painted “Six Pack” and the car was well pin striped. I thought that was the coolest car ever. Of course I was only about 10-11 years old. I’ve loved cars/trucks since I learned to walk and counted the days til I could get my license, which I did at 14 (Motorcycle) and never looked back.

Martin
'62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress)
'47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project)
‘65 Chevy Biscayne 4dr 230 I-6 one owner (I’m #2) “Emily”
‘39 Dodge Businessmans Coupe “Clarence”

"I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one!
Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop!
USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)

pan3lman #1411938 Sun May 30 2021 02:49 AM
'Bolter
A forester green GMC New Design 100 parked in a driveway that I drove by every day to work 30 something years ago.

pan3lman #1411940 Sun May 30 2021 03:02 AM
'Bolter
All cars, model cars, slot cars, when I was a kid. Then the real things when I was old enough.

Brian
1955.2 3100 Truck

The older I get the more dangerous I am!!!!!
pan3lman #1411943 Sun May 30 2021 03:39 AM
T
'Bolter
Was talking to friend who had old Toyota trucks and I said I would have an old chevvy and next week I was getting my truck out of Monterey California I had a trip planned to go and drive highway one from San Francisco to L A that week as well . bought truck off internet that preceding week and was in Monterey that weekend it was getting shipped but never saw it till it got to Australia weeks later then working on headlight switch I came across Stovebolt site and now I have chevvy friends as well Stovebolt site Rules the World glad to say I’m keeping the dream alive

57 3200 pickup 265 V8 with service tray
pan3lman #1411950 Sun May 30 2021 10:12 AM
J
'Bolter
The 1966 Fleetside....factory 327, PG, factory AC ....I had in HS.

Sold it in college to buy an engagement ring. Wife allowed me to get back into the old truck game a few years ago when I found my 1951. And when I found it, I was really trying to buy a 1965 truck from the same estate.

pan3lman #1411951 Sun May 30 2021 10:50 AM
W
'Bolter
I am not sure how or why but I was a salesman for a Dodge dealer and the auto dealers had an annual combined tent sale. I had previously looked at a !950s Dodge truck owned by a lady whose husband had just died, you can guess how that went. Well anyway, I was at the tent sale reading that day's ad in the paper and saw my 54 for sale so on my lunch break I went and bought it. They delivered it that night and when I started it the next day it could have used it as a fogger for the neighborhood. BTW the Dodge had only one rust hole in the top of the fender but her asking price was way off. So those that have been on this site know most of THE REST OF THE STORY. I am sure looking back I paid Way too much at the time. But it was reasonably rust-free coming from Madison In where they used way less salt on the roads.

Ron, The Computer Greek
I love therefore I am.

1960 MGA Roadster Sold 7/18/2017
1954 3100 Chevy truck in the Gallery
2017 Buick Encore
Pix on Photobucket
pan3lman #1411960 Sun May 30 2021 12:48 PM
Leo Offline
'Bolter
In college, my roommate purchased a 1946 Power Wagon. I towed it, he steered. We were in pretty deep but that was one cool truck. Never did make much progress and it disappeared when he moved way up north. But I knew that I would at some point get my own old truck.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Bouncer, Justhorsenround 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop