The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
More great reading ...

Check this out!

Refueling the Past

Our very own
Archie
“46 Texaco”
Bentz

has a #1 ranked (on Amazon) book on Automotive History!

See link below for image.

REFUELING
THE
PAST

Find all the details here.

Stovebolt Site Search

Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
10 members (Gazz, 55shaker, 1955first6500, GMJim, Hotrod Lincoln, 2 invisible), 281 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums60
Topics123,450
Posts996,251
Members44,670
Most Online1,229
Jan 21st, 2020
Image Posting Policy
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
heater control valve
#1409214 Sun May 09 2021 07:51 PM
M
'Bolter
I have a Harrison fresh air heater that I hope to use in my 53 half ton. I do not have the Ranco temperature control valve. After studying up on it, it seems like a very nice thing to have. If I decide not to lay out the money for a new or rebuilt Ranco, are there after good aftermarket equivalents out there that will do the same thing at a lower cost?

Re: heater control valve
Mike Burns #1409216 Sun May 09 2021 08:21 PM
C
'Bolter
Check Vintage Air and Old Air Products as they offer heater control valves for the heat/cool units that perform the same function. Some are cable controlled, some vacuum, and maybe even electric. For some of my street rods I used Chrysler cable controlled valves as they had the easiest mounting and cable bracket.

Evan
Mike Burns #1409225 Sun May 09 2021 09:05 PM
H
'Bolter
I used a Four Seasons cable operated heater control valve available almost everywhere and a choke cable I took off something else to operate it. Mounted the valve on the firewall and the cable knob under the dash almost out of sight.

Harold Wilson
41 Chevy 3/4 Ton
Mike Burns #1409269 Mon May 10 2021 01:54 AM
S
'Bolter
My comment is .........I have the Harrison fresh air heater witha manual cable operated water valve.

As it turns out, I have found no need to control the water flow. Even on the hottest summer days there is no air flow through the heater with the fan off. Spring or Fall days use the fan to control the temperature. Don’t use the truck in the winter.

Mike Burns #1409344 Mon May 10 2021 04:36 PM
N
'Bolter
I got a vaccuum control valve off a Ranger for 19.99 Canuck on Amazon. I can hook it to a cable or vaccuum and have an electric solenoid to hook it up, but there's a bypass on it that recirculates just enough to keep my windows defrosted and the cab comfortable. One day this year I'll hook up the vacuum solenoid, but for the summer that should be good - open the air vents if it's too hot, but with the fan off it seems cool enough.

I don't drive it in the winter, but it gets cool and damp here for much of the year and defrost is a must even in the summer.

Last edited by NorthCoast3800; Mon May 10 2021 04:39 PM.

1949 Chevrolet 3/4 Ton - Still Solid.

Moderated by  ndkid275 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop