The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Big Thanks!

Big THANKS to

MONGO
for hosting
the weekend event.

Read all about it.

Stovebolt Site Search
'
Oh Lord, I just gotta find it....

A pdf guide to help you search the Site

Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
9 members (homer52, 55shaker, Hotrod Lincoln, Justhorsenround, Johnny N, 68ironhead), 112 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums60
Topics124,609
Posts1,005,722
Members44,984
Most Online1,229
Jan 21st, 2020
Image Posting Policy
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: 63-66 Door Locks
HFfarms #1409320 Mon May 10 2021 02:15 PM
H
HFfarms Offline OP
'Bolter
Hmmmmm, very interesting updates, thank you everyone that has responded. I have written off my drive door mechanism as goofed beyond all recognition; Had to reweld it in 3 places alone when I got the truck just to make the door halfway work, so it not functioning right is the norm. The passenger door in comparison is heavenly. Tight, no rattle, shuts easy, latches tightly, etc, but it does not unlock the inside lock when the door is closed as is reported above.

This makes me wonder if the passenger side is also goofed (should it do as everyone's above) or, the original commercial company that owned it modified it somehow. Any aftermarket should do as is said above, so I need to just sack up and get the parts, but other farm expenditures have taken precedence thus far.

Re: 63-66 Door Locks
HFfarms #1409366 Mon May 10 2021 06:35 PM
D
Unconventional Thinker
Originally Posted by HFfarms
Hmmmmm, very interesting updates, thank you everyone that has responded. I have written off my drive door mechanism as goofed beyond all recognition; Had to reweld it in 3 places alone when I got the truck just to make the door halfway work, so it not functioning right is the norm. The passenger door in comparison is heavenly. Tight, no rattle, shuts easy, latches tightly, etc, but it does not unlock the inside lock when the door is closed as is reported above.

This makes me wonder if the passenger side is also goofed (should it do as everyone's above) or, the original commercial company that owned it modified it somehow. Any aftermarket should do as is said above, so I need to just sack up and get the parts, but other farm expenditures have taken precedence thus far.

Maybe a spring is missing on the passenger side? Not sure. New door internals should help tremendously, but will have to wait, of course.

Shane

Shane's Toys...
2007 Forester XT Limited (2nd Owner)
1991 Cherokee Laredo (2nd Owner)
1981 Chevy 3/4 Ton Fleetside 8,600 Camper Special (3rd Owner)
1965 Chevy 3/4 Ton Fleetside (3rd Owner)
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Hambone 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop