The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search
2023 ... plans, plans, plans

Holidays are over

Hunkering down for winter ... how about your truck?
Winter storage.

Doing some truck maintenance?
The Shops Area may be useful.

Eager to plans some trips?
See what's shaking near you in The Side Lot.

How about your computer?
Plenty of help in the IT Shortbus.

Be of good cheer!
The days are getting longer.
Searching the Site

Get info about how to search the entire Stovebolt site here. To do a search for just the forums, get those details in the IT Shortbus fourm.
2023 Old Truck Calendars
First one
Nothing like old trucks working

2023 Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
15 members (87GN, BigBore, glennj3, 4 invisible), 221 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics128,266
Posts1,053,232
Members46,580
Most Online1,229
Jan 21st, 2020
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1407724 Tue Apr 27 2021 11:58 PM
W
'Bolter
Jeremy Roop added 3 new photos to the album: Government pics.
April 21 at 11:55 AM ·
So I am at Walmart scanning and bagging my almost $300 worth of groceries while the employee that wants $15 an hour "monitors" and then this happened.
Her - why are you double bagging all of your groceries?
Me - excuse me?
Her - you are wasting our bags!
Me - if you don't like the way I'm bagging the groceries, feel free to come on over here and bag them yourself.
Her - that's not my job!
Me - okay, then I will bag my groceries how I please if that's all right with you.
Her - why are you using two bags?!
Me - because the bags are weak and I don't want the handles to break or the bottoms to rip out.
Her - well that's because you are putting too much stuff in the bag. If you took half of that stuff out and put it in a different bag then you wouldn't need to double bag.
*10 seconds of me just staring at her.
Me - so you want me to split these items in half and put half of them in a different bag so that I don't have to double bag.
Her - exactly.
Me - so I would still be using two bags to hold the same number of items.
Her - no because you wouldn't be double bagging.
*me pressing two fingers to my left eye in an attempt to make it stop twitching.
Me - okay so here I have a jug of milk and a bottle of juice double bagged. If I take the milk out and remove the double bagging and just put the milk in the single bag and the juice in that single bag I'm still using two bags for these two items.
Her- no because you are not double bagging them so it's not the same number of bags.
*me looking around at about 10 other customers who at this point are enjoying the show.
Me- is this like that Common Core math stuff I keep hearing about?
Her- never mind you just don't get it.
And with that, she went back to her little Podium so she could continue texting or playing games on her phone or whatever it was she was doing before she decided to come over and critique my bagging skills.
Author Unknown
It may be a fake but I can see it happing. No offense Miss Vickie.

Ron, The Computer Greek
I love therefore I am.

1960 MGA Roadster Sold 7/18/2017
1954 3100 Chevy truck in the Gallery [stovebolt.com]
2017 Buick Encore
See more pix [photos.google.com]
R
'Bolter
Sad to say, but it could very well be real in this day and age!

Rich

'47 Loadmaster [stovebolt.com]

1947 Chev. Loadmaster

1959 Chev. Viking 40

Genie: "I am the genie from a magic lamp and I have the power to grant you three wishes."
Me: "I want to be rich."
Genie: "OK, Rich, what's your second wish?"
C
'Bolter
Common sense is a non factor beginning in the 1960's. Brains have shrunk at an inverse proportion to advances in electronics. I had this exchange at a Home Depot: "We can't accept your credit card it's been mutilated". ME, The magnetic strip has all the information your scanner needs. "Your name, card number, and expiration date have all been obliterated". ME, It's all on the magnetic strip. "We can't accept a card that's been altered". ME, Do you take phone orders? "Yes we do". ME, What is your extension number? "XXXX" ME, Hello, I would like to make an order and here is what I need---name items in basket. "How would you like to pay?" ME, Credit card. "Okay give me the number." "Thank you Sir." ME Wouldn't it have been easier to slide the card through the reader?

Evan
W
'Bolter
yahoo

Ron, The Computer Greek
I love therefore I am.

1960 MGA Roadster Sold 7/18/2017
1954 3100 Chevy truck in the Gallery [stovebolt.com]
2017 Buick Encore
See more pix [photos.google.com]
O
'Bolter
Haha.... We gotta face it fellows, there are some stupid people out there. This just happened to on Monday. I had a small 5.0 cubic ft. freezer I sat out at the curb with a sign on it that said "FREE and it does work" . Within 3 hrs two ladies stopped by and ask if I could move it off the curb and hold it and they would come by later with a truck and pick it up. I moved it back into my garage and sure enough a couple hrs later they came back and a guy was with them this time. They had a Dodge Caravan and he wanted to put it in the back on it's side. I told him that wasn't a good idea and you need to leave it upright as it could damage the compressor shaking all that freeon around. He insisted on putting it on it's side. I told the guy to wait until the morning to plug it in and it should be ok. Late last night the guy came by and was telling me when he got home he plugged the frezzer in and within an hr it stopped working and there was water all over the floor. He wanted to know if I would take it back. I did not take it back so you see the type of stupid people we have to deal with in life.

"If you can't fix it with duct tape it's an electrical problem"
1949 5 Window 3100
In the Gallery Forum
Veteran of the USAF
My Website [zippi6.wixsite.com]
B
'Bolter
The level of stupidity as of late is mind blowing. My eye was actually starting to twitch as i was reading the story and when the guy said his eye was twitching i broke out laughin.

They really think they “deserve” more $$$. We owe it to them.
Mmmmmm yeaa nope. Some kids are gonna be in for a rude awaking to real world issues.

I
Retired Construction Worker
My oh My !

Directions are just another mans Opinion

Moderated by  Justhorsenround 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop