The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Helping out ...

WELCOME

The site has expanded to include the 1973 to 1987 trucks!

Check out the new forum just for them and welcome our newest brothers and sisters with the "Rounded Line" trucks.
Encourage one another! Share what you've learned!

Stovebolt Site Search

Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
20 members (DennisM, Flatblu4748, 55shaker, EdPruss, campbell45, 3 invisible), 258 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums60
Topics122,981
Posts992,327
Members44,573
Most Online1,229
Jan 21st, 2020
Image Posting Policy
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Honoring a Seabee !
#1405317 Fri Apr 09 2021 11:13 AM
H
'Bolter
I just needed to put a word in here for a great Seabee Veteran ! In 1942, (or very close to this time) my father signed up to be a Navy Seabee. He was 27 years old when he signed up. The youngest picture of my Father that I have ever seen is from a news letter that came up on Ancestry.com showing him as a new Seabee. My Dad lived through the Great Depression, he was a "Ridge runner " during Prohibition, as well as starting latter in life with a much younger wife to start a family. He was 50 years old when I was born and I have a younger brother too. He passed from this Earth in 1996 at the age of 80. I have the best memories and stories from this man that I could go on and write for days ! He was a Man that all real Men appreciated ! In 2001, I started my own Business and named it in honor of my Dad that taught me so much about life, Business, and People . This is my 20th year in Business as SEABEE CONSTRUCTION, llc ! I sometimes do Plumbing work for customers but never without thinking of my Dad that taught me that trade! God Bless this Country and especially all of our Veterans !!

Jim Christian

http://s1107.photobucket.com/albums/h397/justjayne21/

50 Chevy 3100
77 International Scout ll
Re: Honoring a Seabee !
hardshell #1405335 Fri Apr 09 2021 01:28 PM
P
AD Addict
Originally Posted by hardshell
God Bless this Country and especially all of our Veterans !!
thumbs_up

Phil

1952 Chevrolet 3100
Project Journals
‘59 235 & hydraulic lifters
“Three on the Tree” & 4:11 torque tube
12v w/ Alternator
Re: Honoring a Seabee !
hardshell #1405401 Fri Apr 09 2021 11:07 PM
J
Unrepentant VW Lover
Gotta respect men who could operate one of those era cable-driven bulldozers one-handed ... because he was trained to use the other hand for the M-1 or the .45 or the Thompson... Accurate, effective suppressive fire while getting the job done.

This Marine salutes the Sea Bee!

Semper Fi, Dad!

Hand salute!

Ready ... TWO!

John

"Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive."
— C. S. Lewis

'49 Chevrolet 3804

Moderated by  Achipmunk 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop