The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Hello there ...
We have a request from "Harold46".

Curious?

Stovebolt Site Search

Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
10 members (9% grade, aircommando462, delwrench, BC59, JiMerit Boltr#43, 5WINDOWJOHN), 175 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums60
Topics124,052
Posts1,001,158
Members44,827
Most Online1,229
Jan 21st, 2020
Image Posting Policy
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
1959 International 1/2 Ton B100 Restore
#1404804 Mon Apr 05 2021 01:36 AM
Moderated
Hello everyone! Retired and living in the mountains of New Mexico between Grants and Gallup 8 miles south of old RT 66. I recently bought a 1959 International Step Side 1/2 Ton B 100 pickup. Zero rust and hasn't been driven in decades mostly in storage. Completely original with inline 6 with a 4 sped. I didn't know much about this but after some research id t was love at first site! The guy I bought it from said the engine was seized and had never heard it run. Okay. True you couldn't turn it over by hand but I figured it sat so long with what looked like the original belt maybe that gigantic generator was froze. I just cut the old belt off and sure enough the crank turned. So did the generator... yep the water pump was so rusted it was like one piece. My mechanic friend said they probably only ever put water in it and sitting that long became rust. He suggested an engine rebuild instead just trying to replacing the water pump. My dilemma became getting a new engine for it, rebuilding the old 6 or stealing the 304 V8 out of my 1971 International which is a wonderful running truck but needs a lot of body work?? I want to get in on the road before my birthday next month! Another friend said "just replace the water pump, clean it up and turn it over to see if it will start! I just don't know. Whew thanks for reading!!!

I love old International pickups!
Re: 1959 International 1/2 Ton B100 Restore
1959InHarv1/2Ton #1404963 Tue Apr 06 2021 12:27 PM
Grease Monkey, Moderator General Truck Talk & Greasy Spoon
Welcome to the Stovebolt. Just to clarify, you do know this is a Chevy/GMC site? Just asking for a friend.

Martin
'62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress)
'47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project)
‘65 Chevy Biscayne 4dr 230 I-6 one owner (I’m #2) “Emily”
‘39 Dodge Businessmans Coupe “Clarence”

"I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one!
Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop!
USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)

Re: 1959 International 1/2 Ton B100 Restore
1959InHarv1/2Ton #1405005 Tue Apr 06 2021 05:52 PM
Moderator - The Electrical Bay and Rocky Mountain Bolters
Welcome to the 'bolt. Please post some pix. I too was a "Binder" owner for some time. (34-37 C-1). However, it did have a heartbeat.

There is quite a bit of information available on this site concerning how to prepare to start an engine that has been sitting for a long time. (Use websearch or the search option).

Also, since you did let the cat out of the bag that your truck is an International, I'll be moving it to the Greasy spoon after a while (that is pretty much the SOP for off topic threads).

Another quality post.

Real Trucks Rattle

HELP! The Paranoids are after me!

Moderated by  Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop