The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Helping out ...

WELCOME

The site has expanded to include the 1973 to 1987 trucks!

Check out the new forum just for them and welcome our newest brothers and sisters with the "Rounded Line" trucks.
Encourage one another! Share what you've learned!

Stovebolt Site Search

Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
16 members (55shaker, DennisM, Flatblu4748, EdPruss, 2 invisible), 240 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums60
Topics122,981
Posts992,327
Members44,573
Most Online1,229
Jan 21st, 2020
Image Posting Policy
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Make me laugh
Hotrod Lincoln #1398430 Mon Feb 22 2021 10:46 PM
'Bolter
Originally Posted by Hotrod Lincoln
My grandson claimed the local oriental restaurant was serving Filet Meow! I told him it was actually Awesome Possum!

That brings an entirely new meaning to "woking the dog!" wink

A while back, I saw an old gnarly 2500 Dodge pick-up. It had two big vertical stacks for that Cummins to belch out some really heavy diesel emissions. In the back window was a large decal that said "Prius Eater!" yahoo

Andy

His: 1947 Chevrolet 3104 [flic.kr]
Hers: 2008 American Saddlebred [flic.kr]

"I proudly Stand for the Flag and Kneel for the Cross" Unknown
Doc.Hall #1398447 Tue Feb 23 2021 03:03 AM
H
'Bolter
Q: How many yankees does it take to eat a road-killed possum?

A: Three- - - - -one to eat the possum and two to direct traffic!

Hmmmmm- - - - -rednecks eat possum- - - - -maybe that was a porcupine!
Jerry

The murder victim was drowned in a bathtub full of Rice Krispies and milk.
The coroner blamed the crime on a cereal killer!

Cringe and wail in fear, Eloi- - - - -we Morlocks are on the hunt!
Doc.Hall #1398595 Wed Feb 24 2021 04:49 AM
'Bolter
Two big dumb Fins, Otto and Atz just killed a big buck and they start dragging it back to camp by the back legs.
They get winded and stop for a spell. Up walks an old man and he says, "Hey, what part of Sweden you boys from?"
Otto says, "We are from ah Denmark not ah Sweden."
Well you will have a better go of gettin that deer out of the woods if you drag it by the horns, why, the hair will be a goin with the grain thataway."
The boys then switch ends and start to draggin. After a half a mile, Atz says, "The ole man was right it easier draggin it thisaway."
Otto says, "Yep it sure is, but I think we're getting further from camp...

Doc.Hall #1398606 Wed Feb 24 2021 11:52 AM
W
'Bolter
[url=http://][/url] thumbs_up My boss shot a deer and eventually found it and grabbed it by the horns and dragged it to the road a mile away. when he got there he took a good look and realized it had been dead for a while, It was not the one he shot. grin

Ron, The Computer Greek
I love therefore I am.

1960 MGA Roadster Sold 7/18/2017
1954 3100 Chevy truck in the Gallery
2017 Buick Encore
Pix on Photobucket
Doc.Hall #1398667 Wed Feb 24 2021 08:28 PM
D
'Bolter
I have been refiring back to these wonderful stories. If I'm having spelling problems please overlook. Due to the possibility of scratching my spinal cord the Surgeon has given me some high powered nerve pain meds. I never was a good speller until I was the proufe reader for the Florida Cattleman magizine. (I could look up the previous sentence but, the heck with it ). I do wish that when I get better I could meet all of you. Thank you for caring. because of this Covid thing my friends can only visit me through the window. May all of you stay safe. Doc.

Currently making 1954 3100 better than new and Genetics
Doc.Hall #1398733 Thu Feb 25 2021 04:25 AM
H
'Bolter
Back in the dark ages, orthopedically-speaking, (30-something years ago) my wife had three vertebra fused by the installation of barrel-shaped screw-in titanium bushings on both sides of her spinal cord that were literally installed with an Allen wrench, and then the whole works was clamped together by a ladder-shaped brace to prevent movement of the area while the bones fused over the bushings. Months later, the brace was removed in a separate surgical procedure. She spent months in a fiberglass body cast.

Unfortunately, the repair was less than successful- - - - mostly because one of the clamps of the brace was overtightened, and caused a small section of her pelvis to break away. The brace had to be removed before the fusion was healed sufficiently to be completely effective. Back problems can be very difficult to fix, even when things go right. Hang in there!
Jerry

The murder victim was drowned in a bathtub full of Rice Krispies and milk.
The coroner blamed the crime on a cereal killer!

Cringe and wail in fear, Eloi- - - - -we Morlocks are on the hunt!
Doc.Hall #1398752 Thu Feb 25 2021 09:03 AM
W
'Bolter
Doc Hall, install Grammarly works wonders. Not only corrects spelling but syntax also. A word of caution when having medical procedures. Watch how the code you bills. My ex sister in law has had surgery just 2 weeks ago on her broken ankle which they missed when she fell. They went in and put a plate in and wired it up. Immediately after the surgery a therapist came in and wanted her to stand on that leg and she told him it was too painful. So he coded it as a refusal. So the insurance would not pay for her 6-week nursing home stay, $5000.00. In the meantime, they went in and redid everything that they had previously done. The charges have been appealed to no avail. My brother-in-law told them to keep the therapist away from him mostly because he was capricious and spoke less than stellar English. We have a VA hospital here and a foreign Dr. will get their certifications there and then transition to private practice in the community. I had one for 35 years that just retired and I still had difficulty understanding ohwell him.

Ron, The Computer Greek
I love therefore I am.

2017 Buick Encore
Pix on Photobucket
Doc.Hall #1399279 Sun Feb 28 2021 01:48 PM
D
'Bolter
WE b OLD, I was only good at spelling when I had to be years ago. Grad school ruined my spelling because of all the fast notes I was taking. Just thought......, the more educated I got the dumber I became! Everyone has been great on this site. Doc.

Currently making 1954 3100 better than new and Genetics
Doc.Hall #1399284 Sun Feb 28 2021 02:25 PM
W
'Bolter
At work, I was the go-to person for spelling and definitions but not anymore. I do like the fact that I can email or text people because I do have limited typing skills or otherwise no one would hear from me. I took a penmanship class in college and flunked. But in that teacher's class, I could do nothing right. I had mostly C's in her class and an A on the final and she gave a D for the semester. She graded on a curve and what was considered a towny was looked down on for the Small Christian College.

Ron, The Computer Greek
I love therefore I am.

2017 Buick Encore
Pix on Photobucket
Doc.Hall #1399353 Sun Feb 28 2021 08:43 PM
'Bolter
I have been pretty good at spelling so everybody in the family was always asking me how to spell a word............I'd spell it wrong then they would correct me. Didn't take long for them to stop asking me! hehehehe go figure.

1937 Chevy Pickup [stovebolt.com]
1952 Chevy Panel [stovebolt.com]
Pictures in my Photobucket [s140.photobucket.com]
1950 Chevy Coupe
https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...Nko1cUJCNFFMTVFEUnNRbjFhNTFPc1J4YWV4cmRB

52 Chevy Panel [photos.app.goo.gl]

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Bouncer, Justhorsenround 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop