The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Helping out ...

WELCOME

The site has expanded to include the 1973 to 1987 trucks!

Check out the new forum just for them and welcome our newest brothers and sisters with the "Rounded Line" trucks.
Encourage one another! Share what you've learned!

Stovebolt Site Search

Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
19 members (66rollback, campbell45, Johnny N, chrispy, 55 SHAKER, carbking), 190 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums58
Topics122,583
Posts988,946
Members44,491
Most Online1,229
Jan 21st, 2020
Image Posting Policy
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
photos
#1398077 Sat Feb 20 2021 02:39 PM
L
larr991 Offline OP
'Bolter
Can you please tell me how to get a picture to post in a forum ,I'm having some difficulty even after reading the info. When the photo I attach shows, it says I don't have authority to view. Jim

Re: photos
larr991 #1398086 Sat Feb 20 2021 03:54 PM
'Bolter
Jim,

Just to be sure, you're following the instructions in the lower left corner of the SB pages, correct? If so, what is the size (<5MB) and the format (jpg, jpeg, img) of the picture?

I'll send you a PM with my contact info should you need it. I'll be happy to help.

Regards,

Andy

His: 1947 Chevrolet 3104 [flic.kr]
Hers: 2008 American Saddlebred [flic.kr]

"I proudly Stand for the Flag and Kneel for the Cross" Unknown
larr991 #1398129 Sat Feb 20 2021 08:36 PM
'Bolter
So, Jim and I had some success with his picture in this post.

Here's what we learned. While following the image posting instructions and the image or images is/are successfully uploaded, you have two options. You can 'Post Reply' or 'Preview Reply'. If you select 'Preview Reply' your image(s) do not show up in the preview. However, in the Attachment Manager the number of files you've successfully attached will be shown. If you select 'Post Reply' your images are visible in the post.

Jim, correct me if need be or feel free to chime in with your comments.

Andy

larr991 #1398131 Sat Feb 20 2021 08:40 PM
Housekeeping (Moderator) Making a Stovebolt Bed & Paint and Body Shop Forums
I've had some minor issues when dragging photos into the attachment manager box. The progress bar goes all the way to the end, but it doesn't show the photo thumbnail at the bottom. If I close the attachment manager and then reopen it, it will finish the attachment and show the "done" click box"

Kevin
First car '29 Ford Special Coupe
#2 - '29 Ford pickup restored from the ground up.
Newest Project - 51 Chevy 3100 work truck. Photos [flickr.com]
Busting rust since the mid-60's
larr991 #1398135 Sat Feb 20 2021 08:56 PM
Grease Monkey, Moderator General Truck Talk & Greasy Spoon
I have found that the entire system takes patience. I wait until the rotating clock quits before touching any buttons. I don’t try to load more than one photo at a time. As each photo finishes loading I return to the box and load another click on done then post reply.

Attached Files

Martin
'62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress)
'47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project)
‘65 Chevy Biscayne 4dr 230 I-6 one owner (I’m #2) “Emily”
‘39 Dodge Businessmans Coupe “Clarence”

"I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one!
Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop!
USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)

larr991 #1398139 Sat Feb 20 2021 09:12 PM
'Bolter
Well, let's see what else turns up in this discussion. Maybe there will be some other issues and comments that we can forward to the 'Top Guns', aka John and Paul. Heck, that's why they get the big bucks, right?

Andy

larr991 #1398171 Sun Feb 21 2021 12:49 AM
J
Unrepentant VW Lover
Indeed we do...

Yes, let's see if there are additional issues we can address. But let me warn everyone ... I am not a fan of this forum software, but its what we decided a long time ago to go with so here we are. What *i* have learned is that it rarely works out to go beyond the basic instructions. Just follow what we have written in the image uploading guide and don't stray too far from the path. I don't say that in arrogance .... just that things get squirrely and we aren't quite sure what every error is if you get off the track. Do what I do -- don't preview, just hit post and if you need to go back in and edit to fix something, that's fine. It's better than getting sucked into the UBB Black Hole of "Did I do something wrong or is the software just being ornery?" Hint: It's usually the latter.

Paul, once he unfreezes his keister from the throne, may have actual guidance/techie support on this. All I can tell you is what works for me.

We're all just a bunch of old truck guys trying to figure out this interwebby nonsense and doing the best we can. If you are looking for hitech wizard geniuses ... well, you've come to the wrong place.

Except for Paul -- He's a hi-tech wizard genius. I'm just a dope with a box of crayons trying not to drool too much.

John

"Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive."
— C. S. Lewis

'49 Chevrolet 3804

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop