The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Big Thanks!

Big THANKS to

MONGO
for hosting
the weekend event.

Read all about it.

Stovebolt Site Search
'
Oh Lord, I just gotta find it....

A pdf guide to help you search the Site

Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
6 members (Greg C, Pete V, rickmg, 3800GUY, dougs, Wheelie), 85 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums60
Topics124,660
Posts1,006,225
Members44,993
Most Online1,229
Jan 21st, 2020
Image Posting Policy
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Difference between web sites
#1397865 Fri Feb 19 2021 12:36 AM
A
Adamg Offline OP
'Bolter
This may have been addressed, I didn’t see anything on a quick search. But what is the difference between classicparts.com and americanclassic.com? They both appear to have the same layout styles and part numbers. Both in Missouri but different towns. I’m getting ready to place a larger order and am confused on the two sites. Throwing up a flag for me. Have you guys ordered from these two companies. Any thoughts are welcomed and appreciated. Plus if anyone knows of a promo code right now that would really be great. Thanks

Adam

Adam
Re: Difference between web sites
Adamg #1397868 Fri Feb 19 2021 01:05 AM
K
'Bolter
Good question there is also Jim carter truck parts in Missouri.I have ordered from him no problems but was not a big order ,they do have sales that they e mail out the last one was 15 percent off .

kevinski 1954 GMC 9300 Welcome to the virtual Garage [stovebolt.com]
Adamg #1397870 Fri Feb 19 2021 01:07 AM
A
Adamg Offline OP
'Bolter
Well I did just find this from 4 years ago. It’s puzzling why the one site is still up if they are the same company.

https://www.stovebolt.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/1221926/2.html

Adam
Adamg #1397872 Fri Feb 19 2021 01:14 AM
G
'Bolter
I remember when they were "Chevy Duty" and had to change their name over obvious copyright infringements.

Adamg #1397907 Fri Feb 19 2021 07:25 AM
A
'Bolter
I order from Classicparts.com often. Always have fast shipping and their prices seem on par with other sites. Use "Stovebolt" in the discount slot at checkout and you get like 10% off or something.

58' 3200 235 3-speed/OD

Adamg #1397911 Fri Feb 19 2021 10:37 AM
J
Unrepentant VW Lover
FWIW ... way back when ... we were still a "little" web site (under 1 million hits a month), American Classic saved us (literally) when we had a meltdown with our service Provider. Pete (AmClass owner) stepped in and bought us our first server. He said he had a lot of business coming to him from our site and didn't want us to fail. He quickly became a personal friend and we were devastated by his loss. The nice folks at Classic have continued that support and have always been good to Stovebolters.

Likewise, I consider Jim Carter a personal friend as well as a friend of Stovebolt. His folks will also give a Stovebolt discount when asked (I'm pretty sure that's still good ... if not, let me know ). Here's a picture of Jim trying to sell me (in jest) Mongo's doodlebug.

Either way, you're dealing with good folks who care about us and have helped us out in the past.

Thanks
John

Attached Files
20140906_115301.jpg (397.97 KB, 177 downloads)

John

"Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive."
— C. S. Lewis

'49 Chevrolet 3804

John Milliman #1398023 Sat Feb 20 2021 12:43 AM
A
Adamg Offline OP
'Bolter
Thanks for the backstory John. Very interesting! Thanks for chiming in guys. I tried the “stovebolt” for the code and it looks like it gets you 5% off right now. Thanks

Adam

Adam
Adamg #1398040 Sat Feb 20 2021 03:03 AM
Socket Breaker
American Classic used to be in Texas, but were bought out by Classicparts.com in Kansas, if you poke around on the site, you'll see they are on the same street.

They kept the user names and the URL, but if you check the parts numbers, they are the same for each part on both sites.

Also, as I recall when ClassicParts stopped being chevy duty, they weren't sued as they had a license from Chevy/GM to use the name for a long time, but GM informed them that they were going to stop licensing the chevy brand as much and get more control over it, so they had a heads up about needing to change it.

-Woog

Moderated by  Justhorsenround 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop