The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Helping out ...

WELCOME

The site has expanded to include the 1973 to 1987 trucks!

Check out the new forum just for them and welcome our newest brothers and sisters with the "Rounded Line" trucks.
Encourage one another! Share what you've learned!

Stovebolt Site Search

Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
13 members (fonz8261, DaveV, GMCJammer51, Grigg, charliesixzero, Guitplayer, 1 invisible), 216 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums60
Topics122,976
Posts992,308
Members44,573
Most Online1,229
Jan 21st, 2020
Image Posting Policy
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Make me laugh
#1397601 Tue Feb 16 2021 10:43 PM
D
'Bolter
Hey, WE b OLD and other funny folks. I messed around and broke my back. The spinal cord is intact but a lot of messed up nerves on my left side. Sometimes the pain is much more than I can stand, don't want to take pain med's for fear of addiction. Will have back surgery on 15 March at Celebration Hospital near Disney. Surgeon is using robotics and they get me up right away if things go right. Need Jerry and TC on hand to fix the machine if something breaks down. I need some Jokes and happy stuff like WE b OLD and the rest of you send out. I'm flat on my back for 23 hours a day. It seems that some good ol' Stovebolt jokes or anything will help. I read a lot and dream a lot. My last project a 54-3100 is on hold again. Doc.

Currently making 1954 3100 better than new and Genetics
Re: Make me laugh
Doc.Hall #1397612 Wed Feb 17 2021 12:48 AM
S
Shop Shark
Nothing funny here but hope all works out for you!!

Doc.Hall #1397622 Wed Feb 17 2021 01:45 AM
'Bolter
All I can say, and I freely share this kind of thing to all of my friends when trouble befalls them. We always have to look at the bright side.
"At least it wasn't me."
Hope this helps... smile

Hey! Get well soon!

Doc.Hall #1397626 Wed Feb 17 2021 02:01 AM
Moderator - The Electrical Bay and Rocky Mountain Bolters
I certainly hope you get better soon. I'll tell you a story about how my mother broke her back.

My mother and her husband Don (my step-father if you will) like to drive up into the hills / mountains of western Washington State. They are out galivanting around and Mom needs to take a pee break. She tells Don to find a place to stop. He pulls over at a wide spot in the road, and she traipses down the hill side in search of an adequate log. As fate would have it, she tripped over a root, and commenced to "running" down the now fairly steep hillside. In front of her is a fallen tree. She realizes that she is going to stop and it is going to hurt... its just a matter of how bad its going to end up. The inevitable collision occurs. She takes note that all of her extremities still work, good sign. There is some pain that wasn't there before, but not too much. She manages to get up and begins the now long hard climb back to the road. She gets to the car and Don is kind of speechless because of her disheveled appearance. She said two words. "Hospital, NOW".

She ended up with a broken wrist, three cracked vertebrae, and a lot of bumps and bruises. She also forgot to pee.

Another quality post.

Real Trucks Rattle

HELP! The Paranoids are after me!
Doc.Hall #1397632 Wed Feb 17 2021 03:09 AM
H
'Bolter
The trick is to try to take your mind off the injury. Thinking positive thoughts is one way, or you can choose a more dramatic one, like hurting something else so badly you forget about the back problems. While I can't really recommend this approach, I can testify that it really does work! It was four days after a motorcycle wreck that almost tore my left foot off, broke five ribs, separated my left shoulder, and gave me a case of road rash from nose to toes, when the ambulance driver who was transporting me to a rehab facility informed me that I also had a damaged vertebra. I had mentioned that my back was hurting, and he said "Yeah, most people with a broken back say that!" It seems the doc who spliced my leg back together with a bunch of external fixtures and rods screwed into the bones had sort of forgotten to mention the other stuff that was wrong with me. After two weeks of mostly lying flat on my back while the swelling in my leg and foot went down, they wheeled me back into surgery to put the hardware INSIDE my leg! Then there was six months of physical and occupational therapy to accomplish.

When I walked back into the orthopedic doc's office for a 6-month follow-up visit using nothing but a cane, he did a double take and commented- - - -"You're WAY ahead of schedule!" Now I ride a Harley instead of a Honda Gold Wing- - - - -it's lighter weight, and a lot closer to the ground in case I have to get off in a hurry! Of course, since it took me 55 years of riding bikes to have my first bad accident, doesn't that mean it's going to be 55 more years before the next one happens? I hope so!

Hang in there and get well soon!
Jerry

The murder victim was drowned in a bathtub full of Rice Krispies and milk.
The coroner blamed the crime on a cereal killer!

Cringe and wail in fear, Eloi- - - - -we Morlocks are on the hunt!
Doc.Hall #1397635 Wed Feb 17 2021 03:29 AM
H
'Bolter
Oh yeah- - - -about that joke- - - - -

An old mountain man hiked downhill to the nearest town to his cabin way back in the woods, and marched into a dentist's office. After a quick examination, the dentist informed him that he had an abscessed tooth, and if needed to be pulled. "Sonny, I knew that three days ago when I left home- - - - -pull that thing!"

"Well, you'll need some Novocain to ease the pain- - - -"

"Nope, I don't need no painkillers- - - -I've only been hurt twice in my life!"

The dentist pulled, and tugged, and twisted on the stubborn tooth, and finally gave it a big yank and snatched it out- - - - -the old-timer never whimpered, and didn't shed a tear. The dentist said, "I KNOW that had to be painful- - - -if that didn't hurt you, I'd like to know what ever did!"

"Well sonny, it was back in the blizzard of 1952- - - -10 below zero, snowdrifts everywhere, and everything froze up, including the door to the outhouse- - - -I had to hang my bare bum over a fallen log back in the woods to do my business. I forgot about the bear trap I'd set there, and it grabbed me by the privates! That's the first time I've ever been really hurt!"

"I understand- - - -uhhhh- - - -you mentioned being hurt twice- - - -what was the second time?"

"About five seconds later- - - - -when I ran out of chain!"
LOL!
Jerry

Doc.Hall #1397643 Wed Feb 17 2021 04:09 AM
Grease Monkey, Moderator General Truck Talk & Greasy Spoon
Thank you Jerry for wording that one so I didn’t have to delete it. chug

Martin
'62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress)
'47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project)
‘65 Chevy Biscayne 4dr 230 I-6 one owner (I’m #2) “Emily”
‘39 Dodge Businessmans Coupe “Clarence”

"I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one!
Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop!
USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)

Doc.Hall #1397644 Wed Feb 17 2021 04:15 AM
H
'Bolter
I used to get A's in Creative Writing- - - - -it doesn't take any skill or imagination to be vulgar!
Jerry

Doc.Hall #1397657 Wed Feb 17 2021 06:12 AM
F
Fox Offline
A teacher, but always an apprentice.
My English teacher said that the art was in swearing and cussing at someone without them even realizing it. Yes, she was THAT good.

Joke:

What do you call a Hutterite who leaves the colony?

A HUTTER-left!

In the Stovebolt Gallery [stovebolt.com]
More pictures here [photos.app.goo.gl]

1951 GMC 9430 1 ton dually—-Shiny!

1970 Chevrolet C10 - Grandpa’s- My first truck.—in progress to shiny
1972 Chevrolet C20- Rusty- the puzzle box lid for the C10.
1950 Chevrolet 1300- in progress to shiny.
1962 AMC Rambler American- my wife’s

Parts trucks-
1951 GMC 9300
1951-GMC 9430
1951- Chevrolet 1300
Doc.Hall #1397658 Wed Feb 17 2021 06:29 AM
C
'Bolter
Little girl by back fence digging a 2'x2'x1' deep hole. Neighbor looks over fence and asks "What are doing?" Little girl replies she is burying her canary. Neighbor says her canary is tiny so why the large hole? Little girl "because it's inside your *%#&@ cat!"

Evan
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Bouncer, Justhorsenround 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop