The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Helping out ...

WELCOME

The site has expanded to include the 1973 to 1987 trucks!

Check out the new forum just for them and welcome our newest brothers and sisters with the "Rounded Line" trucks.
Encourage one another! Share what you've learned!

Stovebolt Site Search

Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
2 members (tclederman, JW51), 217 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums58
Topics121,815
Posts982,097
Members44,314
Most Online1,229
Jan 21st, 2020
Image Posting Policy
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Eng.Pullys needed
#1392924 Sat Jan 16 2021 08:24 PM
M
Wrench Fetcher
I have a 68 C10 with a SBC motor (89-305ci) that I'm converting from right/passenger side Alt. setup and long neck water pump to the left/drivers side OEM setup for the Alt. and power steering units using the short neck water pump system as an OEM 1968 setup would be.

Here's what I'm looking for all stamped steel pulleys,(I HATE BILLET ALUMINUM, or CHROME) a double grove water pump pulley for possible use of future AC, a power steering pump pulley single grove (think there is 3 different ones), and all of the crank pulleys needed for the setup I just mentioned. One thing that might be different from a trucks setup for the power steering unit mounting brackets (truck brackets are Heavier/Cast then car brackets) I believe my power steering brackets came from a Car (stamped steel) quite different looking from the heavier brackets used on trucks. I know that was long winded but that's how I roll Its the German blood in me that makes me "dot all my I's and cross all my T's" LOL.

Last edited by MJ Gordon51; Fri Jan 22 2021 08:40 PM.

Ask a question if you need a answer!
Resting up on Mon-Fri from Sat and Sun.
Re: Eng.Pullys needed
MJ Gor'don51 #1393707 Fri Jan 22 2021 02:17 AM
J
Wrench Fetcher
I have a bucket full of pulleys - I can take some photos and send them to you to see if any of them work for what you are doing. BTW I have and sell lots of 67-72 C10 parts and these came in a deal where I purchased a bunch of parts to resell so I might just have what you are looking for - will let you know. Jay Self

Life is good on Windy Ridge!
Jay Self #1393780 Fri Jan 22 2021 08:49 PM
M
Wrench Fetcher
Originally Posted by Jay Self
I have a bucket full of pulleys - I can take some photos and send them to you to see if any of them work for what you are doing. BTW I have and sell lots of 67-72 C10 parts and these came in a deal where I purchased a bunch of parts to resell so I might just have what you are looking for - will let you know. Jay Self

No problem I'll be on the side line,LOL. This might be a good "omen" since my middle name is Jay. It would be better if you have "known" sets for the SBC motors. Stamped Numbers of each pulley would also be great. PM me for a Email to send the pic's to.

MJ Gor'don51 #1394071 Sun Jan 24 2021 06:15 PM
M
Wrench Fetcher
Others also are welcome. The above might not pan out but it might, the more the merrier. thanks

Jay Self #1394314 Mon Jan 25 2021 11:54 PM
M
Wrench Fetcher

What you sent to my Email the first four on the top line/row don't want. The bottom line/row looks like two Water Pump pulleys need better measurements on those and what you want for each $$ wise, Are they one or two belt pulleys, dia. needed, over all height of each pulley, also are they "light" (stamped steel) or "heavy" (cast steel) ??

MJ Gor'don51 #1394355 Tue Jan 26 2021 04:30 AM
J
Wrench Fetcher
I also sent measurements in one of the succeeding emails, also the number of belts each will handle plus diameters. Jay

MJ Gor'don51 #1394358 Tue Jan 26 2021 04:43 AM
J
Wrench Fetcher
If the pulleys end up being what you are after I would take $20 for each one plus postage to send them to you. Jay

MJ Gor'don51 #1394360 Tue Jan 26 2021 04:45 AM
J
Wrench Fetcher
The pulleys are stamped steel - what do you need on measurements besides what I sent in the photos and explanation - will try to get what you need. Jay

Jay Self #1394591 Wed Jan 27 2021 04:38 PM
M
Wrench Fetcher
The pulleys are stamped steel - what do you need on measurements besides what I sent in the photos and explanation - will try to get what you need. Jay

Thanks but NONE of the pulleys with the Numbers you provided fits the bill for me, some of them Not Even GM.

Moderated by  John Milliman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop