The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Helping out ...

WELCOME

The site has expanded to include the 1973 to 1987 trucks!

Check out the new forum just for them and welcome our newest brothers and sisters with the "Rounded Line" trucks.
Encourage one another! Share what you've learned!

Stovebolt Site Search

Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
3 members (46 Chevy Mom, ASU, Christian), 188 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums58
Topics121,815
Posts982,095
Members44,314
Most Online1,229
Jan 21st, 2020
Image Posting Policy
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Duellies
Mike Young #1393404 Tue Jan 19 2021 07:10 PM
"Hey! I sound like Darth Vader!!
Funny, I go through more front tires than anything, but I think I solved that problem. Then again, I don't put a ton of miles on it.

Re: Duellies
moparguy #1394330 Tue Jan 26 2021 01:58 AM
M
Shop Shark
Originally Posted by moparguy
And with most states requiring tires be no older than 5 years (to be legal anyway) it's an expensive additional hobby expense for sure.
RonR

My local tire shop fed me that line of crap too. When I researched it I learned that there was no such law in my state. The whole thing was a scam by my tire dealer to avoid liability and sell more new tires!

There is no definitive amount of time that tires became unsafe; there are just too many variables. Generally 5-6 years is the RECOMMENDED time, but there was no actual law in my state, only individual businesses policies. If the rubber still appears pliable and there are no visible cracks, tires should still be safe. Thanks to my research I found a local company that would install some 25-year-old Goodyear Invictas off a classic Corvette onto my daily driver. With the donor car locked away in a garage, the tires had minimal mileage and had never seen any sun. They've been great tires for about 40,000 miles now and counting.

1949 Chevy Panel Truck
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  MNSmith, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop