The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
More great reading ...

Check this out!

Refueling the Past

Our very own
Archie
“46 Texaco”
Bentz

has a #1 ranked (on Amazon) book on Automotive History!

See link below for image.

REFUELING
THE
PAST

Find all the details here.

Stovebolt Site Search

Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
7 members (Mike B, 55shaker, dgrinnan, JoeDude, Leo, 1955first6500), 244 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums60
Topics123,401
Posts995,890
Members44,655
Most Online1,229
Jan 21st, 2020
Image Posting Policy
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: "Homecoming" ???
TUTS 59 #1392955 Sat Jan 16 2021 11:32 PM
W
back yard wrench turner
Call it 'Tennessee Truck Show.'

I'm looking for a trailer to put my truck on.

Wayne

When I die, I hope she doesn't sell everything for what I told her I paid for it!

1938 1-Ton Farm Truck
-30-Stovebolt Gallery
Photos that I have shared on Stovebolt via PhotoBucket are no longer available. Please contact me if you want a photo from an old post. malmwayne@hotmail.com
TUTS 59 #1393007 Sun Jan 17 2021 05:41 AM
H
'Bolter
Just a bit south of Lebanon, there is a state park with excellent campground facilities. That's my home territory- - - - -went to high school in Wilson County Tennessee back in the 1960's, and Cedars of Lebanon state park was a favorite place to watch the "submarine races" on a summer night!

Edit: In addition to the campground, there are cabins available for rent, and a group lodge with kitchen facilities, a meeting room, and dormitory-style sleeping quarters for up to 80 people. That one might be reserved already if there's a big event like the Chevy show nearby, but smaller facilities might be available if reservations can be made soon.

https://tnstateparks.com/parks/cedars-of-lebanon

Jerry

The murder victim was drowned in a bathtub full of Rice Krispies and milk.
The coroner blamed the crime on a cereal killer!

Cringe and wail in fear, Eloi- - - - -we Morlocks are on the hunt!
TUTS 59 #1393054 Sun Jan 17 2021 03:38 PM
T
TUTS 59 Offline OP
Crusty Old Sarge
"Southern Fried Reunion".... grin

Craig

Come, Bleed or Blister something has got to give!!!
59' Apache 31, 327 V8 (0.030 over), Muncie M20 4 Speed, GM 10 Bolt Rear... long term project (30 years and counting)
TUTS 59 #1393075 Sun Jan 17 2021 05:10 PM
H
'Bolter
We could name it after Nashville rush hour traffic every day- - - -the "Redneck 500"!
Jerry

TUTS 59 #1393086 Sun Jan 17 2021 06:24 PM
T
TUTS 59 Offline OP
Crusty Old Sarge
So I was out racking the yard and running some ideas around in my head, I would like to have a name that says "Southern" but nothing outlandish. The idea is that if this comes together and we do meet up it could be something we do annually, maybe not the same location so others could attend. I like Jerry's idea about a local park or State Park. I thought that something like "Southeastern Stovebolt Jamboree", it says Southern and should not offend the masses. Any thoughts ????

I have a source for Tee shirts and even decals if we decide to go that far.

Craig

59' Apache 31, 327 V8 (0.030 over), Muncie M20 4 Speed, GM 10 Bolt Rear... long term project (30 years and counting)
TUTS 59 #1393092 Sun Jan 17 2021 06:54 PM
H
'Bolter
Just kidding about the name, but the Tennessee state park system has facilities at just about all of their locations adequate to host small to medium-sized gatherings. A lot of the parks statewide have excellent hotel and restaurant facilities, campgrounds, cabins capable of accommodating small groups, and outdoor pavilions or more formal indoor facilities for group meetings, etc. With a north/south distance of 100 miles or so, and an east/west span of close to 400 miles, the location is pretty centrally located to a lot of us southeastern bolters.
Jerry

TUTS 59 #1393397 Tue Jan 19 2021 05:48 PM
J
'Bolter
The state park locations are a great idea. The only problem I see with that is those of you wanting to camp is most TN campground spots are probably already booked. The Wilson co. fairgrounds where the Chevy/GMC truck show is can accomidate over 1000
campers. That's a bunch but thats what the website says. For more info search Wilson Co Fairgrounds. Lebanon also has many motels to choose from with reasonable rates. I attend several events there each year and this is a wonderful facility. I know I sound like I'm pushing for the lebanon location but anywhere is fine with me just want ya'll to be aware of the camping situation.

TUTS 59 #1393738 Fri Jan 22 2021 12:27 PM
T
TUTS 59 Offline OP
Crusty Old Sarge
Update, there are pavilions at Cedars of Lebanon available for the weekend of July 9th and 10th, the rental fee is $62.00. The pavilions have BBQ grills and tables, restrooms and parking at each area. There is a max number of 50 persons and social distancing is recommended. I can book a pavilion for that Saturday if that day works better for those wanting to get together.

I would like to have count of sorts prior to making the reservation, if you are planning to join us please let me know. smile

Craig

TUTS 59 #1393741 Fri Jan 22 2021 01:43 PM
W
back yard wrench turner
Craig, I'm planning on coming with my wife.

Wayne

When I die, I hope she doesn't sell everything for what I told her I paid for it!

1938 1-Ton Farm Truck
-30-Stovebolt Gallery
Photos that I have shared on Stovebolt via PhotoBucket are no longer available. Please contact me if you want a photo from an old post. malmwayne@hotmail.com
TUTS 59 #1393782 Fri Jan 22 2021 09:24 PM
'Bolter
I think its time I had better check in since I started this "Southern Stovebolters" thing a few years ago. I have had a tough time the past couple years but things are beginning to simmer down so I'm up for whatever is decided.

I have sent TUT a message and email and will help co-ordinate this anyway I can. I will try to find my email list of approx. over 100 Southern Bolters email addresses. A list of sorts always seems to work better for me as everyone reads their email but don't visit Stovebolt daily.

I'll see what I can do. Had problems with computer a while back and it won't seem to let me seen a big "group" email. I'll get my IT neighbor on it this weekend.

I'm still hoping to have "one more" here local but not sure yet. We do need to make plans though for a month/day and be ready if all goes well.....guess I better clean up the old 37.

1937 Chevy Pickup [stovebolt.com]

1952 Chevy Panel [stovebolt.com]
52 Chevy Panel [photos.app.goo.gl]

Pictures in my Photobucket [s140.photobucket.com]

1950 Chevy Coupe
https://photos.websearch.com/share/...Nko1cUJCNFFMTVFEUnNRbjFhNTFPc1J4YWV4cmRB

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Achipmunk 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop