The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Big Thanks!

Big THANKS to

MONGO
for hosting
the weekend event.

Read all about it.

Stovebolt Site Search
'
Oh Lord, I just gotta find it....

A pdf guide to help you search the Site

Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
8 members (Cosmo, Flatblu4748, DES57, Bill Trotter, D B Cooper, Napco Man), 90 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums60
Topics124,660
Posts1,006,226
Members44,993
Most Online1,229
Jan 21st, 2020
Image Posting Policy
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
E-Brake cable for 65 GMC with a Dana
#1386358 Sun Nov 29 2020 12:16 AM
S
'Bolter
I am building my retirement truck, 65 GMC SWB with a flat bed and having a tough time finding E-Brake cables
for the Dana rear, will the brake backing plates off the corp,chevy rear end interchange, cables are readly available
for them. Thanks for any info.

You Learn more Listening than Talking
Re: E-Brake cable for 65 GMC with a Dana
Spareparts2 #1387770 Thu Dec 10 2020 01:24 PM
C
'Bolter
We make up our own using cut to length super tough overhead door cables. A short section of cable housing is needed to snap onto the backing plate. Just a loop from backing plate to backing plate that runs through the banana shaped equalizer on the E-brake handle cable.

Evan
Spareparts2 #1387902 Fri Dec 11 2020 06:54 PM
S
'Bolter
That is my problem I don't have the original cables, and chevy cables are of a different design, guess its
time to visit the junk yards. thanks for the reply

Spareparts2 #1387999 Sat Dec 12 2020 01:55 PM
Socket Breaker
Which DANA rear is it?

do you know anything about it? Maybe someone on here has a parts book, just give us what details you have.

You can never tell what someone on the 'bolt might know. grin

-Woog

EDIT/UPDATE:

I remembered this thread from awhile back, might be an option for you:

63 GMC Rear Brake Cables by Bruin - Good

Spareparts2 #1388071 Sat Dec 12 2020 11:47 PM
S
'Bolter
Dana 44 original to the truck, 354 gears, got the truck in 2007 from the original owner. Farm raised but good old solid
truck, brake cables froze up and they just cut them off, I rebuilt the brakes everything new, just removed the cable ends
maybe 5-6" long and tossed them, didn't think it would be hard to get new ones. That was the reason for my question about the chevy backing plate
if they would interchang, chevy cables are available everywhere. I might be able to modify my plates to accept the chevy cables
that is the only difference, lengths are the same, just where they go thru the backing plates.

Spareparts2 #1392062 Sun Jan 10 2021 02:29 PM
Socket Breaker
spareparts2,

did you ever source the parts for your application?

Just curious what you wound up doing.

-Woog

Spareparts2 #1392715 Fri Jan 15 2021 04:20 AM
S
'Bolter
Not yet, been busy getting the rest of the truck put back togeter, been about a 12 yr. project. Retired last Thursday so I want to get it together
so I can drive it, not a show truck by any means. Got he engine assembled , T-5 converted over with the Jeep input shaft new clutch kit all bolted together
just need to pick up the Dist and swing it in. I think the plan for the E-brake is get the chevy backing plates and cut/weld the E-brake bosses on my Dana backing plates
or find someone to build the appropate cables, I'll be 75 on St Patty's day and I want to be able to drive it then. Read a lot of your page and you have a lot of good
information, Thank you for a lot of ideas.

Moderated by  Hambone 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop