I was able to complete:
- head bolt torque check; they were spot on
- intake / exhaust bolt check. Set to specs in manual, used crows foot setup
- installed new plugs, used 14mm x 1.25SAE tap to clean out the threads. The old plugs were a mess, gap was not right, some were really short on the arc, all were really sooty.
Set new R43 AC plugs to .035 and put a small drop of anti seize on the start of threads, torqued them to 25 Ft/lbs
- Cleaned out base of air filter, filled with a pint of 50 weight oil (per manual suggestion, i'm glad I checked it)
- Installed new coil
- Was able to remove the deposit under the intake port, it will be interesting to see if it re-appears
-Decided not to dig into the carb just yet
- cleaned off all oil deposit on underside of chassis and body from the engine vent tube
- oil filter cannister is now painted medium blue (sourced at Ace Hardware) AC waterless decal did NOT stay adhered to the lid, I sprayed the lid Chevy orange, let it season out a week at 73 degrees (inside house), lid was warm when I applied the decal. The ringed decal stayed on about 10 minutes when i took it out to the garage. It felt like no adhesive on it.
Engine started very quickly, ran very smooth. Road test to occur tomorrow.