The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search
Time to gathering together!
Fall Happenings
That time of year with some last chances to get together in bunches. Time to check out:
THE SIDE LOT
From Coast to Coast and some International gatherings listed, too.

Next up: the ODSS gathers this week (Sept 22-24) at a yearly ATHS show in Winchester VA.

Since we put up this promo last week, a bunch of new postings of Swap Meets, Cruisin's, and more
in the SIDE LOT.
See what's happening with a Stovebolt Collective near you
Searching the Site

Get info about how to search the entire Stovebolt site here. To do a search for just the forums, get those details in the IT Shortbus fourm.
Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
5 members (32vsnake, baldeagle, Peggy M, oldbolter, Lightholder's Dad), 103 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums60
Topics129,095
Posts1,046,668
Members46,190
Most Online1,229
Jan 21st, 2020
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Bubba - Curmudgeon
The question is a very good question: "Is there any other truck bench seats that will fit the middle or rear seats of 1947 to 54 Chevy Suburban Carryall? "

This is not about original/reproduction 47-55st Suburban seat springs.
If you have original/reproduction seat springs, please contact Mark via Private Message.

If you know a substitute seat frame, please post that information here.

Tim
1954Advance-Design.com [1954advance-design.com]
1954 3106 Carryall Suburban [stovebolt.com] - part of the family for 49 years
1954 3104 5-window pickup w/Hydra-Matic [1954advance-design.com] - part of the family for 15 years
- If you have to stomp on your foot-pedal starter, either you, or your starter, or your engine, has a problem.
- The 216 and early 235 engines are not "splash oilers" - this is a splash oiler. [chevy.oldcarmanualproject.com]
R
'Bolter
Here is what you can do. Find any 1947-59 Chevy GMC suburban front seat cushions NOT Jump seat. Those seat cushsions will fit on the second row seat frames, Also It can be used in the 3rd row seat frame, but It will have to be stretched (I dont remember how many inches any more.) To stretch that seat cussions it will have to be cut in half and filler sections will have to added and those filler sections can come out any 1947-54 pickups seat cushions. It will require fabricating and welding, it is doable for the right person. I have done couple of them myself, but many years ago. It can be tricky. The truck seat cushions dont have to be in good shape, you are just going to grab filler pieces and spring coils If you need help i will try to help as much as i can with what i remember, i dont save any measurements or take any pictures of how i did it. Maybe someone else here has done what i did, can slide some information. I dont check in here often,

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  MNSmith, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop