The Stovebolt Page Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Helping out ...

EVENTS

Check in for status!

Jump over to the Events Forum, to post events -- new ones or the ones we have been enjoying for some time.
Look to see what's been cancelled or postponed.

Encourage one another!

Stovebolt Site Search

Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
13 members (archburycontrol, 3B, D B Cooper, billypylot, fonz8261, 1 invisible), 303 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums50
Topics121,501
Posts974,061
Members43,945
Most Online1,229
Jan 21st, 2020
Image Posting Policy
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
picture question
#1384903 Tue Nov 17 2020 04:45 AM
R
Shop Shark
Had something weird happen last night. We have a lot of pictures stored on this computer. Usually when you click on one it displays in "Windows Photo Viewer". Last night I brought one up and needed to resize it. So I opened it up in "Paint" and resized it like I've done numerous times in the past. When I closed it up it asked me, as always, if I wanted to save my changes. Of course, I clicked "save", as always.
But now when I click on most any of the other pictures on the computer they all display in "Paint" instead of "Photo Viewer". I don't think I did anything different than the other times, unless I bumped something accidentally.
Any ideas as to what I may have done wrong, or how to fix it?

Rich

'47 Loadmaster [stovebolt.com]

Time flies like an arrow.
Fruit flies like a banana.

Re: picture question
Rich'sToys #1384907 Tue Nov 17 2020 05:21 AM
Housekeeping (Moderator) Making a Stovebolt Bed & Paint and Body Shop Forums
Go to Settings, Apps, Default Apps, and scroll down to "Choose default apps by file type" and click that. Then scroll down to ".jpg" Click on whatever app is associated with that and then select Photos. That should fix it.

Attached Files
filetype.jpg (31.04 KB, 39 downloads)

Kevin
First car '29 Ford Special Coupe
#2 - '29 Ford pickup restored from the ground up.
Newest Project - 51 Chevy 3100 work truck. Photos [flickr.com]
Busting rust since the mid-60's
Rich'sToys #1384928 Tue Nov 17 2020 12:43 PM
Master Gabster
You don't say what version of Windows you are using. Assuming it's Win10: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...-10-e5d82cad-17d1-c53b-3505-f10a32e1894d If you're still using Win7 you set file associations: https://www.hendrix.edu/HelpDesk/Computers_and_Devices/Windows_Computers/Changing_File_Associations_in_Windows_7_(Default_Programs)/

Last edited by Tiny; Tue Nov 17 2020 12:44 PM.

Save a life, adopt a senior shelter pet.
The three main causes of blindness: Cataracts, Politics, Religion.
Name your dog Naked so you can walk Naked in the park.
Rich'sToys #1385052 Wed Nov 18 2020 04:52 AM
R
Shop Shark
Actually, we have Windows 8.1.
I've been gone all day and it's now late at night so haven't had time to dig into this yet. Hopefully tomorrow evening.
Thanks for the suggestions.

Rich

Rich'sToys #1385343 Sat Nov 21 2020 04:44 AM
R
Shop Shark
I got this figured out. Basically the same procedure as Kevin outlined above. The difference being that the control panel on Windows 8 is configured slightly different than 10 and a little different to navigate through it. I googled it and found instructions specifically for Windows 8. After that it was a snap!

Rich

Moderated by  Tiny 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop