The Stovebolt Page Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Helping out ...

EVENTS

Check in for status!

Jump over to the Events Forum, to post events -- new ones or the ones we have been enjoying for some time.
Look to see what's been cancelled or postponed.

Encourage one another!

Stovebolt Site Search

Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
18 members (drdoug, crenwelge, 2manyprojects, 3 invisible), 158 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums50
Topics121,009
Posts970,109
Members43,813
Most Online1,229
Jan 21st, 2020
Image Posting Policy
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hello folks
#1377510 Fri Sep 18 2020 02:07 PM
K
Moderated
Just joined yesterday on advice from Chevys of the 40s. I have a '49 Studebaker PU..so I am a truckguy at heart. Currently I am the 4th owner of a '48 Chevy Coupe trying to get it back on the road with a modern drivetrain. It has a SBC 350/TH350, PDB and I just put in a power rack from a Cavalier. I have a tilt/telescopic col from a Caddy. Next comes the dash repaint and new wiring. I'm running a GM 1-wire Alternator. It's sometimes hard because
I didn't take it apart and everytime it changed hands I think "stuff" went missing. I am trying to figure out how to correctly wire the Ammeter up. I have a dropping resistor for the fuel gauge.
Thanks everyone for the kind welcome.
From central OH.

Attached Files
20200911_122931.jpg (290.34 KB, 102 downloads)

Kenneth R Brown
Re: Hello folks
Kenny Who #1377549 Fri Sep 18 2020 06:09 PM
Moderator - The Electrical Bay and Rocky Mountain Bolters
Welcome Kenny. Since this is a truck site, 99.9% of posts that refer to car related info get sent to the Greasy Spoon. Feel free to ask questions that can be related to a truck, but once the "car" is out of the bag, then off to the GS.

Another quality post.

Real Trucks Rattle

HELP! The Paranoids are after me!
Kenny Who #1377560 Fri Sep 18 2020 07:35 PM
Grease Monkey, Moderator General Truck Talk & Greasy Spoon
Well, somebody needs to have a chat with the folks over at Chevy of the 40s and remind them this is a Truck site. Plus your “Car” isn’t even stock. You even had the cajones to post a picture of a car on a Truck site. The good news is you are welcome to be a member even without a Chevy/GMC Truck. Maybe we can convert you. Your questions about cars will/should be moved to the Greasy Spoon as Rusty has said.

Martin
'62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress)
'47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project)
‘65 Chevy Biscayne 4dr 230 I-6 one owner (I’m #2)
‘39 Dodge Businessmans Coupe
USAF 1965-69 Weather Observation Tech (got paid to look at the clouds)

"I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one!
Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop!

Justhorsenround #1377581 Fri Sep 18 2020 09:46 PM
K
Moderated
Thanks folks. I am really not a jerk and I love old trucks. I didn't know what the Greasy Spoon was/is. 😔

Kenneth R Brown
Kenny Who #1377608 Sat Sep 19 2020 03:35 AM
Boltergeist
Hello Kenny and welcome to the Stovebolt. Don't feel bad, many of us, including me, own old cars as well as trucks. Some things can pertain to the car as well as the truck, say a question about a 235 engine......or a 350 engine question in the Hi Po forum....... I know a few of us here also belong to the VCCA...Vintage Chevrolet Club of America. You can do tech talk there but to get the full benefits there you have to join and pay dues. Most all the sites we visit has a little something different to offer with the exception of trucks...if its old chevy trucks then this is the place!
I may add that most of the guys at the VCCA are "purist" so hot rodded and modified don't fit well there but they did finally add a forum for "modified" cars.

Good luck on your projects and as mentioned, don't be afraid to drop a question in the Greasy Spoon. See you around the garage and be sure to watch for bolters from your area..they are quite a few here.

1937 Chevy Pickup
1952 Chevy Panel
Pictures in my Photobucket
1950 Chevy Coupe

52 Chevy Panel

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Kenny Who #1377636 Sat Sep 19 2020 02:50 PM
J
Workshop Owner
Cool car Kenny. thumbs_up Glad you found us. The ideal spot to share your picture would be the sub forum for daily drivers in the Greasy Spoon.

Welcome to the Stovebolt.

John

Last edited by J Lucas; Sat Sep 19 2020 02:55 PM.

J Lucas

1941 Chevy 1/2-Ton
1942 Chevy 1.5-Ton SWB
1959 Chevy Apache 31 Fleetside
1959 Chevy Apache 32 Fleetside
1959 Chevy Viking 40

My Flicker Photos! [flickr.com]

Moderated by  Achipmunk, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop