The Stovebolt Page Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Helping out ...

EVENTS

Check in for status!

Jump over to the Events Forum, to post events -- new ones or the ones we have been enjoying for some time.
Look to see what's been cancelled or postponed.

Encourage one another!

Stovebolt Site Search

Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
1 members (classicchevs), 162 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums50
Topics120,922
Posts969,326
Members43,791
Most Online1,229
Jan 21st, 2020
Image Posting Policy
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Change a 54 Panel to a Suburban
tclederman #1376931 Sun Sep 13 2020 09:15 PM
M
Shop Shark
Originally Posted by tclederman
Gosh, you purists are very concerned with changes in outward appearances?

What about when you/someone changes interior appearance/equipment and/or drive-train parts and/or steering/suspension parts?

"to each, their own" [idioms.thefreedictionary.com]

I like them the way that GM made them (at least appearance - a change to a later Stovebolt engine is OK by me). Hmmm. I guess I am not really a purist? dang

Changes is one thing; wholesale transformation to an entirely different model is another. Kind of like the difference between your wife applying a new lipstick color, or getting a plastic surgery to completely alter her appearance and make her look like an entirely different person.

1951 Chevy Panel Truck
laybacklenny #1376935 Sun Sep 13 2020 09:57 PM
ace skiver
wholesale transformation - like an all different suspension/steering and/or an all different drive train?

Tim
1954Advance-Design.com [1954advance-design.com]
1954 3106 Carryall Suburban [stovebolt.com] - part of the family for 49 years
1954 3104 5-window pickup w/Hydra-Matic [1954advance-design.com] - part of the family for 15 years
- If you have to stomp on your foot-pedal starter, either you, or your starter, or your engine, has a problem.
- The 216 and early 235 engines are not "splash oilers" - this is a splash oiler. [chevy.oldcarmanualproject.com]
tclederman #1376977 Mon Sep 14 2020 03:25 AM
M
Shop Shark
Originally Posted by tclederman
wholesale transformation - like an all different suspension/steering and/or an all different drive train?

A Panel with a different suspension or drive train is still a Panel. Its basic essence or identity is still intact.

Again, the cosmetic surgery analogy: If my wife gets a tummy tuck, that's an improvement that still leaves her basic self intact. Ditto for driveability improvements on a vehicle.
But if my wife gets an entirely new face or body to the point where she's unrecognizable as her former self, well that's just extreme and weird. Ditto for changing a panel into a Suburban.

I mean, how would most guys like it if their wife suddenly looked like Jennifer Lopez? ;-) pix grin thumbs_up

1951 Chevy Panel Truck
laybacklenny #1377229 Wed Sep 16 2020 02:02 AM
B
Shop Shark
There's a 1 ton panel converted to school bus for sale in the trucks for sale forum.
It has windows in the rear , it will give you some ideas.
I would search for a suburban if that is what you're wanting.

Tim

"A house is built with boards and beams,a home is built with love and dreams"

Look deep before you leep !!!

"Everything is Everything"

"If I say a mouse can pull a house,Hitch him up"

My 1951 3100 Chevrolet
My 1951 Chevrolet Suburban Carryall

bowtietim #1377390 Thu Sep 17 2020 08:44 AM
M
Shop Shark
Originally Posted by bowtietim
There's a 1 ton panel converted to school bus for sale in the trucks for sale forum.

Tim

Thanks Tim! Here it is:

https://www.stovebolt.com/ubbthread...-3800-suburban-for-sale-8500.html#UNREAD

PS: Always glad to see guys hacking up those panel trucks. It just makes my unmolested unit that much more valuable ;-)

Attached Files
IMG_0517.JPG (113.55 KB, 28 downloads)

1951 Chevy Panel Truck
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  tclederman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop