If you're assembling it by yourself you must install everything piece-by-piece. The biggest pitfall that I can think of is to attempt to install the inner fenders first, then attach the outer fenders. This doesn't work due to their overlap at the top. You must bolt the inner and outer fenders together OFF THE TRUCK, then install them as a unit. Everything will go easy if you follow this assembly sequence that I just re-posted on another thread:https://www.stovebolt.com/ubbthread...le-front-clip-1954-3600.html#Post1320840
1) Install the hood on the cowl, springs and all. It's easier to do it first before the fenders are in the way. Leave hood in the up position.
2) Mount the radiator support frame loosely onto the front crossmember. Start out with about 1/4" rubber shims under the feet.
3) Bolt the inner and outer fenders together OFF THE TRUCK.
4) Install the inner and outer fenders onto the truck AS A UNIT. It will go lots easier.
5) Install the large curved fender brackets between the radiator support and the outer edge of the fenders
6) Install the lower front splash shield. Connect the rods from it to the radiator support.
7) Install the grille.
8) Install the hood latch panel between the grille and the radiator support.
9) Install the radiator.
10) Install front bumper.
11) Install the front bumper filler panel.