The Stovebolt Page Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Helping out ...

EVENTS

Check in for status!

Jump over to the Events Forum, to post events -- new ones or the ones we have been enjoying for some time.
Look to see what's been cancelled or postponed.

Encourage one another!

Stovebolt Site Search

Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
4 members (39dumper, canuck49, Shof, 1 invisible), 187 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums50
Topics120,964
Posts969,728
Members43,804
Most Online1,229
Jan 21st, 2020
Image Posting Policy
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Tri-State Antique Truck Show
#1376913 Sun Sep 13 2020 05:41 PM
B
Camp Commandant
This thread is for attendance and food related discussion(ONLY).

Please use this thread to let us know that you are coming to the show, what day and time you think you will be arriving and when you think you will be leaving. It might not hurt to add your camping/hotel plans. If camping on the grounds please register to do so.
This will surely be a different event than we are used to. For many of us, this is one of our biggest events of the year. It is mine for sure. The virus has impacted lots of other events which is having an affect on peoples attendance to the truck show. I have had several PM conversations with other regular attendees that have already made it clear they wont be there this year, are coming late and leaving early or just plan leaving early, before the "Stovebolt Banquet" Saturday night. This is why we need to start figuring out who will be there Saturday for dinner so we can decide how proceed. Typically, several contribute to a meal, all unplanned and shoot from the hip kind of affair along with burgers and dogs that I usually bring (there has always been plenty of food). If not many folks are going to be there, we may just do a "you are on your own" deal for Saturday.

Keep in mind that they will be serving food in the field house, Thursday Friday and Saturday. As most of you already know, buy a meal ticket for the pork BB dinner Friday night. The proceeds go to an amazing charity.

As far as food in camp, I am very understanding that everyone has their own thoughts, beliefs and method of dealing with Covid 19. I am not going to make a huge deal about this but I will say, we are assembling as a group and we are coming from different parts of the country where the impact of this thing and how it affects you in your community is very different. Please respect your fellow bolter in this regard. Where when or if you wear a mask is up to you. I work in a hospitality environment so I am immersed in all the CDC, state and county requirements all day every day. All I am saying is if we do have dinner on Saturday night, it will be done a little differently so there isn't a lot of hands touching food. Also, if you plan on bring snacks etc to share, I would suggest, SUGGEST they it be individually wrapped. Don, I know how everyone loves the fried delicacies that you prepare with the fryer but for this event, I would suggest not bringing it just for the food handling concerns. If I am over thinking things then so be it.

Another thing to think about is the weather. Rain, which we have been lucky in avoiding the last couple of years, would really put a damper on things, again, given social distancing etc. Just saying.
Hopefully we will get lucky again and it will be beautiful.

As of right now. I plan on arriving Thursday late morning and leaving Sunday morning.

Last edited by Bill Marlow; Sun Sep 13 2020 05:43 PM.

Billy
Old Dominion Stovebolt Society
Exotic Animal Division

1946 Chevrolet Cab Over Engine
1946 Chevrolet 2-ton COE
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=q26XBoHtZH8
https://photos.app.goo.gl/Pj1WsnppKFAgAnvZ7

1959 GMC 860
https://photos.app.goo.gl/Zu3Uf7Z7qocTGJvA9

50 GMC 450 Flatbed W/W, Air Brake equipt (25% Owner)
https://youtu.be/Alw3UWzqFVU

1950 Chevrolet 3800
https://photos.app.goo.gl/jNCZiHK9QGyBs5Ko7

“ I’ve got a trailer and I’m not afraid to use it! “
Re: Tri-State Antique Truck Show
Bill Marlow #1376915 Sun Sep 13 2020 06:10 PM
V
VEW Offline
Shop Shark
Thanks Billy. I needed that!😊
Victor

Victor

41 3/4 Ton Pick Up (in process)
55 Grumman Kurbside (Doughboy) 235/3 on tree w/ OD
57 3100
58 C4400 Viking (Thor)
59 C4500 Short Bus (Magic Bus)
59 G3800 1 Ton Dually (Chief)

Bill Marlow #1376916 Sun Sep 13 2020 06:12 PM
V
VEW Offline
Shop Shark
Btw, still arriving noonish Friday departing Sunday

Victor

Victor

41 3/4 Ton Pick Up (in process)
55 Grumman Kurbside (Doughboy) 235/3 on tree w/ OD
57 3100
58 C4400 Viking (Thor)
59 C4500 Short Bus (Magic Bus)
59 G3800 1 Ton Dually (Chief)

Bill Marlow #1376940 Sun Sep 13 2020 10:36 PM
Shop Shark
Thanks Billy for the info. I was also 50/50 on bringing the fryer. You just cleared that decision up.
Also on my stay time. Planning on arriving Thursday before noon and leave Sunday morning.
Count me in on the Saturday night dinner.
I'm also back to 50/50 on whether to bring a extra truck or not. I may be just in a little pickup and camp away from the gang.
It's a long drive with a 1-ton on the trailer. Is it OK to leave a non running truck on a trailer? Or will it embarrass the ODSS?

It may also be decided if I still have jury duty on the Monday after the show.
With the little truck I could still make that duty.

Don

Of all the things I've lost in my life, I miss my mind the most!

1967 GMC 9500 Fire Ladder Truck
"The Flag Pole"
In the Stovebolt Gallery [stovebolt.com]
More pix on Photobucket [s893.photobucket.com]
'46 2-Ton grain truck
'48 3/4-ton grain truck
'50 2-ton flatbed
'54 Pontiac Straight Eight
'70 American LaFrance pumper fire truck.
Bill Marlow #1376961 Mon Sep 14 2020 01:26 AM
M
Shop Shark
Billy, well said. I plan on arriving thursday at noon. bringing my truck and golf cart on the gooseneck. Living in a tent and carrying my drinks and some food in a cooler. I will have an extension cord to fill my air mattress and brew my coffee. When i'm hungry, i'll eat meals the Ruritans make. Kayla has her confirmation at 10am on Sunday morning. I will be leaving late Saturday night when the majority of visitors go to bed and leave for the night. Please assign me something I can bring to contribute for Saturdays evening meal.

Last edited by Mike Roache; Mon Sep 14 2020 01:29 AM.
Bill Marlow #1376992 Mon Sep 14 2020 11:27 AM
H
Shop Shark
Thanks Billy for the useful info. I am arriving sometime mid day on Thursday and leaving either Saturday afternoon or Sunday morning (Undecided on departure) I'm camping without a tent this time since my friend Seab King will be attending and driving my old 87 class C camper and I'm driving the 50. Seab was at our Lexington Homecoming last year with me. I WILL NOT wear a mask so I will be recognizable (it is the rebel in me, I'll just leave the rest of my thoughts out on the Covid Plandemic) I'm glad the show is on. Billy, please let me know if I can contribute anything for food supplies. I think for the most part, shooting from the hip on food is best !

Jim

http://s1107.photobucket.com/albums/h397/justjayne21/

50 Chevy 3100
77 International Scout ll
Bill Marlow #1377028 Mon Sep 14 2020 07:21 PM
M
Shop Shark
Billy,

Dana and I will be with the SoMD convoy as usual (Thur noon to Sunday AM). We're camping this year in our RV trailer with Dana driving her truck.

We will be bringing our own food, drinks, snacks etc. (to keep things simple and separate) and we'll have our own lawn chairs.

Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Mike B smile

Bill Marlow #1377082 Tue Sep 15 2020 01:43 AM
Master Gabster
My plans are to convoy up with Hardshell on Thursday and leave Sunday. I'll pack a cooler with whatever food and drinks that I will need.

Last edited by 52Carl; Tue Sep 15 2020 01:45 AM.
Bill Marlow #1377114 Tue Sep 15 2020 10:56 AM
N
NJC Offline
Shop Shark
Thanks Billy, Camp Commandant for Tri-state Show, for clearing things up regarding COVID-19. My plan is to tow dolly my '48 3100 Chevrolet Pick-Up (unlike last year had to turn back home after having problems with truck and missed the show) & arrive Thursday afternoon. I'm staying at Quality inn 2 nites & need to return home early Saturday for my daughters competitive cheer session. Will buy & consume Show food. Looking forward to seeing my ODSS brothers. V/r, Nick

1952 Chevrolet Suburban
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pictures in Photobucket

1948 Chevrolet 3100 1/2-Ton
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Bill Marlow #1377115 Tue Sep 15 2020 11:39 AM
P
Shop Shark
Hey Billy My plans are to be there Thursday noon till Sunday morning, I plan on eating at Ruritans Friday night and carrying in most own food . Pat

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  amtrakjoe, Bill Marlow, SWEET 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop