I've been beating my head against the wall on this. I'm looking for the cheapest, most-efficient way to get a tank in my Panel. My only real requirements are:
1. It should fit under the floor, and
2. it should have a nice door or valve (on the floor of the truck) that shows for filling
That's it! In the meantime, I've had to read up on:
1. fuel cells (plastic and aluminum) some bend, some don't have foam, some do, some have sending units, some don't, none come with fittings, few come with mounting brackets or staps- aaaahhhhhhhhh!!!
2. the prices of the fuel cells, with all of the add ons, can go over $300 or more. I just want to have something that holds gas, lol
3. I've seen people use Mustang tanks, but that filler neck seems to come up at an angle
Any tips/thoughts/ideas would be greatly appreciated, as this has been a total nightmare! I know in the old days, guys used those chrome cylinders and mounted them on the front of their t buckets. I'm getting tempted to go that route, lol!
Last edited by pan3lman; Fri Aug 28 2020 06:53 PM.