The Stovebolt Page Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Helping out ...

EVENTS

Check in for status!

Jump over to the Events Forum, to post events -- new ones or the ones we have been enjoying for some time.
Look to see what's been cancelled or postponed.

Encourage one another!

Stovebolt Site Search

Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
3 members (classicchevs, Speednsalvage, tom moore), 154 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums50
Topics120,922
Posts969,326
Members43,791
Most Online1,229
Jan 21st, 2020
Image Posting Policy
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1374562 Sun Aug 23 2020 02:53 PM
B
New Guy
Thank you for the welcome,I am 66 and just got my 1st classic [img]http://[/img][img]https://www.stovebolt.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/ubb/download/Number/21860/filename/image.jpg[/img][img]https://www.stovebolt.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/ubb/download/Number/21860/filename/image.jpg[/img][img]https://www.stovebolt.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/ubb/download/Number/21860/filename/image.jpg[/img]truck from New Mexico last week. It a 1953 Chevy 3100 beautifully rebuilt with a 235 -6 cylinder 1962 engine from an Impala and a rear ended from a 54 Chevy car for higher gear ratio.I should have realized this is a lot to deal with I am in over my head already.the carb linkage seems to not be adjusted correctly and the choke cable broke,I installed the cable but don’t know where on carb it goes.l ordered a cover but none seem to fit because of sunscreen and custom front and back bumpers. I just might be in trouble ,Anyone want to buy a truck.Bull from Stony Brook ,Long Island,N.Y.

Re: New member
Bull Vanhorn #1374615 Mon Aug 24 2020 01:49 AM
Grease Monkey, Moderator General Truck Talk & Greasy Spoon
Welcome to the Stovebolt madness. There is no cure! shake

You can post photos directly to your thread, you do not have to do links. Instructions are in the left margin of every page.

Hope you are just joking about selling, but if your serious you can post a for sale ad in the Swap Meet Forum. Offering for sale anywhere else on the site is against site policy.

Post questions in the appropriate garage forum.

Martin
'62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress)
'47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project)
‘65 Chevy Biscayne 4dr 230 I-6 one owner (I’m #2)
‘39 Dodge Businessmans Coupe
USAF 1965-69 Weather Observation Tech (got paid to look at the clouds)

"I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one!
Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop!

Bull Vanhorn #1374629 Mon Aug 24 2020 03:30 AM
R
Shop Shark
Welcome to the Bolt!
That is a beautiful truck! Sounds like the issues you're having are fairly minor. Don't get discouraged. Lots of good help and information available here. As mentioned, post your questions the the forum which deals with your particular problem.

Rich

'47 Loadmaster

Life is like a roll of toilet paper--the closer you get to the end, the faster it goes!

Bull Vanhorn #1374630 Mon Aug 24 2020 03:35 AM
J
Workshop Owner
That's a very nice truck you have there. Post your questions in the appropriate forums and you'll get the answers you need.

Welcome to the Stovebolt

John

J Lucas

1941 Chevy 1/2-Ton
1942 Chevy 1.5-Ton SWB
1959 Chevy Apache 31 Fleetside
1959 Chevy Apache 32 Fleetside
1959 Chevy Viking 40

My Flicker Photos! [flickr.com]

Bull Vanhorn #1374631 Mon Aug 24 2020 03:36 AM
Moderator - The Electrical Bay and Rocky Mountain Bolters
Welcome to the 'bolt. Ask our questions in the forum that is related to you question for the best answers. We have members that will walk you through just about any procedure.

Another quality post.

Real Trucks Rattle

HELP! The Paranoids are after me!
Bull Vanhorn #1374638 Mon Aug 24 2020 10:55 AM
ace skiver
Hello, Bull,

Heed Rusty Rod's advice ("Ask our questions in the forum that is related to you question for the best answers").

As you did in your first post, be sure to indicate in each new thead the pertinent information identifying your year and model (engine, in this case). You indicated 1962 car engine (it would have hydraulic lifters).

Does it have an automatic or manual choke?
I think an automatic choke would have been standard on a car engine in that year?

I used to live near Albany, NY
There are members on/near Long Island who might be willing/able to visit you and help you.
The virus might, however, make members shy-away at this time?

Nonetheless, post a "request for assistance" in the The North Eastern 'Bolters forum. You have nothing to lose by trying.

Good Luck,
Tim

Tim
1954Advance-Design.com [1954advance-design.com]
1954 3106 Carryall Suburban [stovebolt.com] - part of the family for 49 years
1954 3104 5-window pickup w/Hydra-Matic [1954advance-design.com] - part of the family for 15 years
- If you have to stomp on your foot-pedal starter, either you, or your starter, or your engine, has a problem.
- The 216 and early 235 engines are not "splash oilers" - this is a splash oiler. [chevy.oldcarmanualproject.com]
Bull Vanhorn #1374664 Mon Aug 24 2020 02:57 PM
Boltergeist
Welcome to Stovebolt. Not much I can add to what has been said except to agree with what others have said. Rest assured your problems don't seem serious to most of us and we can help you get that truck purrrring like a little kitten. Just follow the advice about posting in the garage forums. Winter is upon and now is a good time to make a to do list for the cold months and then enjoy some summer fun.

1937 Chevy Pickup
1952 Chevy Panel
Pictures in my Photobucket
1950 Chevy Coupe

52 Chevy Panel

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Bull Vanhorn #1374710 Mon Aug 24 2020 08:33 PM
D
Shop Shark
Welcome to the best site anywhere. Don't get depressed over your Stovebolt issues. If that were the case there would probably be only about 4 people on this site. We are here to help and make the transition to the past bearable. You need to realize that you are dealing with automotive history and techniques. If these old trucks were produced today and the government restrictions were not involved most drivers would choose them. AC would be a popular option but you can now install with the help from Stovebolt Forums. I can assure you that they all go up in value. Try buying a new car or truck and see how much it's value goes up in a month. I have delt with these old buggers for 52 years and have never lost a penny. Doc.

Currently making 1954 3100 better than new

Moderated by  Achipmunk, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop