The Stovebolt Page Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Helping out ...

EVENTS

Check in for status!

Jump over to the Events Forum, to post events -- new ones or the ones we have been enjoying for some time.
Look to see what's been cancelled or postponed.

Encourage one another!

Stovebolt Site Search

Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
3 members (klhansen, agedhorse, 1 invisible), 128 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums50
Topics120,985
Posts969,895
Members43,811
Most Online1,229
Jan 21st, 2020
Image Posting Policy
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Vendors that care...
#1369305 Thu Jul 16 2020 04:43 AM
K
k.lyon Offline OP
New Guy
Don't know if this is the correct place for thread. Most of us have read reviews on vendors that we are looking for parts or services from, and most reviews are negative. I'm wanting to get a thread going where members can share their stories of getting outstanding customer service, or had a company/employee go above and beyond to help you with your project. Sometimes just being able to get a hold of someone with the knowledge necessary to help you get the correct parts can be hard. This will be helpful for myself and hopefully others when looking for good companies to work with in getting our projects on the road. Please keep things positive smile

Re: Vendors that care...
k.lyon #1369311 Thu Jul 16 2020 11:33 AM
J
Unrepentant VW Lover
Good Thread! I don't normally jump into a discussion first, but am glad to this time smile

For the nearly 30 years I have been active in this hobby, and the 25 years we have been doing this web site, I have had nothing but outstanding support and service from Jim Carter (Jim Carter's Antique Truck parts). Jim and his staff are active in our hobby as well and do care about us. Jim has also stood by us with support for this web site.

Our biggest supporter was Pete K who owned American Classic. Pete got us through our first big growth spurt by giving us our first dedicated server and then followed up with a lot of support after that. This web site would not exist today if not for Pete. Sadly, Pete passed away a few years back and American Classic was bought up by Classic Parts. Still a good company and worthy of your support.

I've always enjoyed working with Kanter Auto Products, as well. I have not bought anything from them in a few years, but they seemed, like Jim Carter, to be staffed by fellow hobbyists who really knew their stuff. Prices may not have always been the most competitive, but you knew they were high quality, correct and would be what you needed.

There's two (active) for starters.

John
"There is a life about to start
When tomorrow comes..."

'49 Chevrolet 3804

k.lyon #1369318 Thu Jul 16 2020 12:22 PM
Grease Monkey, Moderator General Truck Talk & Greasy Spoon
Mar-K for all your bed related parts and pieces. The new owner Kevin has a very knowledgeable staff and they will do custom orders. Modern facilities including equipment. Former owner Mark (59 fleet) is an active member of the site. Good folks with good Oklahoma strong attitude.

Martin
'62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress)
'47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project)
ā€˜65 Chevy Biscayne 4dr 230 I-6 one owner (Iā€™m #2)
ā€˜39 Dodge Businessmans Coupe
USAF 1965-69 Weather Observation Tech (got paid to look at the clouds)

"I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one!
Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop!

k.lyon #1369431 Fri Jul 17 2020 02:48 AM
Master Gabster
I have had two very good experiences with Vintage Air. I use GM serpentine belt system on the 350s which I put in ADs. I call them up and tell them just that, and they know exactly what I need to make their system work with my GM compressor. They put together the parts list of what I need and leave off what I don't need, take my credit card# and send it off the next day. Very stress free.

k.lyon #1369612 Sat Jul 18 2020 01:38 PM
M
Shop Shark
This might be a little long. Moser Engineering really helped me out with my Frankland quick change rear end. I bought a used Frankland rear end from an old buddy that used to race. I was working in Pennsylvania at the time so I took it to the Frankland factory to be retubed and have a Gleason Torson diff put in it. We worked with Wilwood to get the proper width, offset and flanges on it for my brakes. Frankland would not get the axles and directed me to Strange Engineering for them. Strange wanted all the specs off the old axles to make them. I explained to them I had no old axles and only had the basics like spline count, length and bearing diameter. I called Wilwood for help and they directed me to Moser. It turns out Moser is only 70 miles from my house. They said get it here by 8am and we will get you out the same day. Happy days. I made an appointment and loaded up the rear end the night before in my 4WD furd. I got up and ready to go at 6am and to my surprise we had an ice storm the night before. I went anyway. I got there at 10:30 am. After backing it in they discovered that the flanges had been welded on backwards. I pleaded with them to please not make me take it home and fix it whatever it took and whoever they had to send it to. I was stressed out and just wanted to be done with it. They ask me to hang out in there very nice waiting area. A little while later they said they would take care of me and still get me done that day. They pulled the tubes, cut off the old flanges and welded on new much nicer flanges. After making the axles they ask if I wanted them to mock up the brakes and show me how they went on. All done by 3:30 pm. When I paid the bill they only charged me $30 extra for the flanges and the standard price for the axles. I drove home with a complete rear end assembled. Thank you for your time.

Old enough to know better, too young to resist.
k.lyon #1369617 Sat Jul 18 2020 02:31 PM
Shop Shark
When I use to drag race, I did business with Moser. I was always happy doing business with them.

Brian
My 1955 Truck

My other 1955 Chevy

The older I get the more dangerous I am!!!!!
k.lyon #1370683 Sat Jul 25 2020 10:41 PM
K
k.lyon Offline OP
New Guy
I will second the Mar-k endorsement. I've been working with Kevin (vp of engineering) on an issue with the height of the bed in relation to the height of the running boards. He had called me when I ordered our bed with the 2" raised floor to make sure he was getting us the necessary parts for our project. I had told hem we are using the chassis from Art Morrison and he said the had sold many beds for that setup. Once we got everything mocked up, we discovered the bed (if using rubber pad between bed and frame) was sitting too high and the running boards were not making contact with the mounts. I called and emailed Morrison about the issue without much success, but Kevin from Mar-k has been very helpful. On top of that they build a great product (the push button tailgate is really nice), and provide great service and care about the products they produce/sale.

k.lyon #1370692 Sat Jul 25 2020 11:37 PM
H
Boltergeist
Anyone within reasonable driving distance of Nashville Tennessee would be hard-pressed to find a better source for engine rebuilding parts than Nashville Engine Parts Warehouse. One counter guy in particular, Jackie, has been my "go to" source for hard to find parts for the past 35 years. When the 503 GMC inline six in Ed Pruss's restored fire truck needed a head gasket set, Jackie found one up in Canada in a couple of hours and had it shipped to my home. He was also instrumental in finding some of the parts we used while rebuilding John's 261. Good people!
Jerry

The murder victim was drowned in a bathtub full of Rice Krispies and milk.
The coroner blamed the crime on a cereal killer!

Cringe and wail in fear, Eloi- - - - -we Morlocks are on the hunt!

Moderated by  Justhorsenround 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop