The Stovebolt Page Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Helping out ...

EVENTS

Check in for status!

Jump over to the Events Forum, to post events -- new ones or the ones we have been enjoying for some time.
Look to see what's been cancelled or postponed.

Encourage one another!

Stovebolt Site Search

Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
2 members (classicchevs, blueck), 140 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums50
Topics121,069
Posts970,530
Members43,832
Most Online1,229
Jan 21st, 2020
Image Posting Policy
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Requesting input for the Stovebolt Forum Users Manual
baldeagle #1365950 Mon Jun 22 2020 02:38 PM
D
Shop Shark
I'm new, I would like to see a list of Stovebolt Terms. For instance; hijacking, double posting etc. Everything that I do. With Respect, Doc

Currently making 1954 3100 better than new
baldeagle #1365971 Mon Jun 22 2020 06:31 PM
Housekeeping (Moderator) Making a Stovebolt Bed & Paint and Body Shop Forums
Doc, FYI:
Hijacking - Posting in someone else's thread, typically with an unrelated topic.
Double Posting - Posting the same message in multiple places in the forums.

These are considered no-no's throughout Forum communities.

Paul & Peggy, a suggestion of a thing related to Doc's question. On another forum that I moderate, there's a rules sticky at the top of every forum (not that it gets looked at much, judging by how many technical question posts I have to move out of the Welcome forum. ohwell). There's also a sticky post with a list of acronyms, that's helpful for people who aren't familiar with them.

Kevin
First car '29 Ford Special Coupe
#2 - '29 Ford pickup restored from the ground up.
Newest Project - 51 Chevy 3100 work truck. Photos [flickr.com]
Busting rust since the mid-60's
baldeagle #1366036 Tue Jun 23 2020 03:09 AM
Red dot, center of chest ...
Here's some general "rules" for forum posting. These are not aimed at any specific individual.
1) Stick to the topic at hand. The last thing the OP (Original Poster - the person who started the thread) - needs is people going off on unrelated tangents
2) Some forums are "serious" technical forums. Refrain from posting jokes or unrelated banter in those forums. We have the Greasy Spoon for useless blather about unrelated topics.
3) Remain civil at all times. Some forums allow people to be abusive at times. This is not one of those forums. We ban people who do that.
4) Especially in technical forums, keep your answers laser-focused on the topic.
5) Refrain from the temptation to post just to be posting. If you can't add something useful to the discussion, don't add anything at all.
6) Respect your elders. Every post shows how many times a person has posted. Folks with lots of posts have been here a long time and contributed a great deal. Respect that.
7) Respect the moderators. Everyone on Stovebolt is a volunteer. If you have a beef with the site, if you think something isn't right, if you think we could improve, email me at geek@stovebolt.com.
8) Remember, every member who posts on our forums is giving you their knowledge free of charge. If I charged for my services, this forum wouldn't even exist because the owners couldn't afford it.
9) If you're not an expert on a subject, don't pretend to be. Bad advice is worse than no advice at all.
10) Don't take anything personally. People often get offended on the internet because the nuances of facial expressions and tonal voice qualities are missing. Be the adult in the conversation.

Paul Schmehl CI 12
geek@stovebolt.com
Stovebolt Staff: Geek
1948 Chevy 3100 Five Window [stovebolt.com]
baldeagle #1369331 Thu Jul 16 2020 02:09 PM
Shop Shark
Paul,
Late to the party, somehow I missed this!
As usual, Like everything you do for this site, your list of rules is well done!
Thanks for all you do! “Oh” Miss Peggy also!
Jim

Jim Schmidt.
Bucks County, Pa.
1953 3800
Pix in Photobucket
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Peggy M 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop