The Stovebolt Page Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Helping out ...

EVENTS

Check in for status!

Jump over to the Events Forum, to post events -- new ones or the ones we have been enjoying for some time.
Look to see what's been cancelled or postponed.

Encourage one another!

Stovebolt Site Search

Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
3 members (WE b OLD, tomctomc, 1 invisible), 101 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums50
Topics120,469
Posts965,630
Members43,681
Most Online1,229
Jan 21st, 2020
Image Posting Policy
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Cooler in the truck bed
TPR57C #1367229 Tue Jun 30 2020 10:57 PM
R
Wrench Fetcher
I'm just east of Colorado Springs, close enough to the city but still in the country. Bigger lots and lower sales taxes.

I spent 3 1/2 years in the land Down Under so I know plenty of Aussie slang, and I've almsot been thrown out of a bar by asking for a Foster's.

Originally Posted by TPR57C
Rob where is Peyton and the (esky ) Australian slang for cooler is one of my prized possessions won it in a charity auction at reunion and was pinstriped at the reunion by a vendor gets lots of compliments

1951 Chevrolet 3100
Kevin13Shaw #1367256 Wed Jul 01 2020 02:27 AM
C
Shop Shark
A rubber matt will typically keep most coolers from sliding around. Very simple and not permanent.

Craig's '50 Chevy 3100 5 window
My truck
If I'm not working on my truck or VW camper, I'm fishing with the wife or smoking Salmon.
Kevin13Shaw #1367258 Wed Jul 01 2020 02:34 AM
Master Gabster
I have had an idea rolling around in my head about converting an old milk can into a cooler and maybe even a a place to store a few specialty-to-Stovebolt tools in the top of it.
I was thinking about cutting the bottom off of the milk can, and fabricating a cylindrical cooler made of stainless steel which just fits inside of the milk can.
I'd make it so that you could lift the can up, give it a half turn to expose a hole in the side of the cooler to reach in for a cold beverage.
I could make the tool compartment under the can lid.

Kevin13Shaw #1367286 Wed Jul 01 2020 08:21 AM
C
Shop Shark
I need to get one of those camera phones instead of my old flip because I miss out on some neat things. A customer brought his much modified 54 3100 by the shop that had a cooler with no tie downs sitting in a high dollar bed. When I remarked it could cause some scratches he told me to try to move it---it was rock solid. He had custom shaped a redwood base to the exact dimensions of the cooler bottom, installed Rivnuts in a bed cross member and bolted the cooler base with button head bolts through the factory bed rail holes. The cooler bottom and base had Velcro strips. He said the first go around he completely covered the bottom and base with with Velcro and nearly had to use a chain hoist to pull the cooler loose. With the cooler and base out the stainless button head bolts match the stainless carriage bolts in the bed rails. A quick (hard) tug would dislodge the cooler for cleaning. Thought it was a clever approach.

Evan
coilover #1367290 Wed Jul 01 2020 10:15 AM
W
Master Gabster
Evan, the flip phone reminds me of one of my female friends who has resisted an android phone for all the years that I have known her, 12 years until I bought her one 6 months ago. From time to time she comes to me wanting to learn new things on it. She goes camping with her 2 Husky dogs and her mother wanted pictures of her trips. Also, she is trying to get pictures of her dogs but of course, they won't stay still long enough. And all that to say, Evan, make the change. I use Tracfone and I have used LG phones for years and I have a LG4 with all the bells and whistle that $800 phone has for $150.00 from Amazon/ Tracfone.

Ron, The Computer Greek
I love therefore I am.

1960 MGA Roadster Sold 7/18/2017
1954 3100 Chevy truck in the Gallery
2017 Buick Encore
Pix on Photobucket
WE b OLD #1367531 Fri Jul 03 2020 02:31 AM
M
Shop Shark
Originally Posted by WE b OLD
Evan, the flip phone reminds me of one of my female friends who has resisted an android phone for all the years that I have known her, 12 years until I bought her one 6 months ago. From time to time she comes to me wanting to learn new things on it. She goes camping with her 2 Husky dogs and her mother wanted pictures of her trips. Also, she is trying to get pictures of her dogs but of course, they won't stay still long enough. And all that to say, Evan, make the change. I use Tracfone and I have used LG phones for years and I have a LG4 with all the bells and whistle that $800 phone has for $150.00 from Amazon/ Tracfone.
You have to hold a cookie above the camera.

Attached Files
hounds.jpg (428.15 KB, 84 downloads)

Old enough to know better, too young to resist.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Justhorsenround 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop