The Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Big Thanks!


for hosting
the weekend event.

Read all about it.

Stovebolt Site Search
Oh Lord, I just gotta find it....

A pdf guide to help you search the Site

Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 113 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Most Online1,229
Jan 21st, 2020
Image Posting Policy
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
new poject!
#1365521 Fri Jun 19 2020 03:27 AM
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 9,796
52Carl Offline OP
Well boys, I may very well be picking up a new project this weekend.
Its a '52 5 window one ton. I'm waiting for the estate executor to call me to meet him to take a look at it. The truck was owned by a friend of mine who passed away last Fall and I have seen pictures of them in the past. I hope its still in as good of shape as the pics which he showed me a number of years ago.
The cool thing is that I will own the truck which my friend was so fond of, but never had the opportunity to work on.

Re: new poject!
52Carl #1365523 Fri Jun 19 2020 03:36 AM
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 5,235
Seems like the ODSS AD 1-tons are gaining in numbers.

Hope it all works out for you!

Mike B smile

Re: new poject!
52Carl #1365805 Sun Jun 21 2020 12:03 PM
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 273
Let me know if you need a hand getting that thing home Carl . I'll be glad to come help out .

50 Chevy 3100
77 International Scout ll
Re: new poject!
52Carl #1365896 Mon Jun 22 2020 12:58 AM
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 9,796
52Carl Offline OP
Thanks hardshell. I'm waiting for a return phone call to set up a time meet the guy to go look at it.

Re: new poject!
52Carl #1365935 Mon Jun 22 2020 09:29 AM
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 1,354
Camp Commandant
Cool news! Another potential one ton club member!

Old Dominion Stovebolt Society
Exotic Animal Division

1946 Chevrolet Cab Over Engine
1946 Chevrolet 2-ton COE

1959 GMC 860

50 GMC 450 Flatbed W/W, Air Brake equipt (25% Owner)

1950 Chevrolet 3800

“ I’ve got a trailer and I’m not afraid to use it! “
Re: new poject!
52Carl #1366052 Tue Jun 23 2020 10:44 AM
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 402
Stovebolt Photo Moderator
One-Tons Rule - keep us posted Carl.

In this world there are givers and takers. The takers eat well, the givers sleep well......

A link to a few photos:

1947 - 3800 dually known as "Deadwrench"

Re: new poject!
52Carl #1366169 Wed Jun 24 2020 02:49 AM
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 9,796
52Carl Offline OP
Still waiting for a call back. It ain't going anywhere. I can wait a while longer.

Re: new poject!
52Carl #1366211 Wed Jun 24 2020 12:19 PM
Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 5,173
Unrepentant VW Lover
Good luck, Carl!

And the good news for you is that the One-Ton Club's Ownership Committee met in special session and we were able to fast track your membership application. We are still waiting on your final application form (that 234-page form you should have received), DNA sample and fee, but I am very pleased to inform you that you have a really good shot at receiving the committee's recommendation for membership when your package is forwarded to the Executive Council for Membership Affairs for final review! Harrumph! So you should be relieved to not have THAT monkey on your back at least.

With the Membership Committee's recommendation for Membership Approval, you are then awarded One Ton Club "Interim Probationary Membership" status. With that in hand, you are allowed to purchase a truck. Whether or not you get to keep the truck depends on the executive council's final decision. Usually, with a good recommendation from the committee and all your paperwork and dna samples in order, there is a 75 percent probability we will grant you full membership... so feel free to make the buy worry free. If you fall into the 25 percent category (But I wouldn't worry about that. Much) we will be glad to help you find a forever home for the truck and happily give you a coupon good for a 10 percent discount in our gift shop in appreciation of your fostering a truck. smile




'49 Chevrolet 3804

I've never been a NASCAR fan .. until now.
Let's go, Brandon!

Re: new poject!
52Carl #1366274 Wed Jun 24 2020 07:11 PM
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,993

They wanted a blood sample for the application, not a specimen cup in the mail!


Re: new poject!
52Carl #1366282 Wed Jun 24 2020 07:45 PM
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 10,104
Grease Monkey, Moderator General Truck Talk & Greasy Spoon
Anyone willing to don a Stovebolt dust mask deserves a pass on all requirements except for the MMPI!

'62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress)
'47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project)
‘65 Chevy Biscayne 4dr 230 I-6 one owner (I’m #2) “Emily”
‘39 Dodge Businessmans Coupe “Clarence”

"I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one!
Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop!
USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  amtrakjoe, Bill Marlow, SWEET 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.4