The Stovebolt Page Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Helping out ...

EVENTS

Check in for status!

Jump over to the Events Forum, to post events -- new ones or the ones we have been enjoying for some time.
Look to see what's been cancelled or postponed.

Encourage one another!

Stovebolt Site Search

Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
6 members (MT53, Fox, homer52, Twin Jimmys, 46paneltruck, MikeStone1953), 185 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums50
Topics121,036
Posts970,295
Members43,817
Most Online1,229
Jan 21st, 2020
Image Posting Policy
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Why the US hates roundabouts'
WE b OLD #1362690 Sat May 30 2020 02:01 AM
Master Gabster
Around here, they have put in a few bizarre intersections which defy easy explanation. The most significant aspect of them is that they have multiple individual lanes which are opposite in direction right next to each other.
It is nerve racking when you first encounter these intersection, especially at night.
What is really amazing is how they have improved traffic flow!

WE b OLD #1362712 Sat May 30 2020 05:23 AM
Housekeeping (Moderator) Making a Stovebolt Bed & Paint and Body Shop Forums
I've been to Seattle where they have 5 and 6 streets intersecting at weird angles. If there were a need for a roundabout it would be there. Fortunately they are not high traffic density streets.

Kevin
First car '29 Ford Special Coupe
#2 - '29 Ford pickup restored from the ground up.
Newest Project - 51 Chevy 3100 work truck. Photos [flickr.com]
Busting rust since the mid-60's
WE b OLD #1364065 Mon Jun 08 2020 10:38 PM
S
Shop Shark
Roundabouts up here in BC are not popular. I don't mind them having driven through many in England. What I don't like here especially are right turns on red. The law says stop to be sure nothing is coming but that never happens. You can also make a left turn on red onto a one-way street. Very few people are aware and even been ticketed by the police for so doing.
L'Etoile I believe what the round about at the Arc de Triumph is called. A friend and I ran across all 9 lanes at night and later found out there is a pedestrian underpass!
Metric madness! Yup we have it. Never learned it will admit I used it for the first time when spacing holes in a piece of 2x4. Freezing is now ZERO Centigrade and minus zero is still below freezing. But people see -15 and they think its really cold. Before metric it was warm.

"Sedgewick"
1949 Chevy 1/2-Ton
1989 Caprice

WE b OLD #1364080 Tue Jun 09 2020 12:45 AM
W
Master Gabster
I was indy a while back and got turned around because of the roundabout would not let me go where I needed to. So I finally got on a cross street where I knew I could get where I needed to be. Then I needed to turn around and turned onto what I thought was a street but it turned out to be a very small parking lot with no exit except the way I came and the other surprise was it had a stoplight, why I don't know, strange very strange.

Ron, The Computer Greek
I love therefore I am.

1960 MGA Roadster Sold 7/18/2017
1954 3100 Chevy truck in the Gallery
2017 Buick Encore
Pix on Photobucket
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Bouncer, Justhorsenround, Tiny 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop