The Stovebolt Page Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Helping out ...

EVENTS

Check in for status!

Jump over to the Events Forum, to post events -- new ones or the ones we have been enjoying for some time.
Look to see what's been cancelled or postponed.

Encourage one another!

Stovebolt Site Search

Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
9 members (Doc.Hall, Herman, coilover, Joel1948, Forty9, 1 invisible), 214 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums50
Topics119,938
Posts960,529
Members43,519
Most Online1,229
Jan 21st, 2020
Image Posting Policy
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Sabrina Iturbe (MexicoSab)
#1361751 Sun May 24 2020 05:41 PM
J
J Lucas Offline OP
Shop Shark
With a heavy heart I'm said to say that we have lost Sabrina (MexicoSab). My brother in-law Terry received this message from her husband Alberto last week.

Hi Terry

With great sadness in my soul and heart

I have to tell you that I have lost the love of my life
Mi friend
My partner
My everything

She passed away on May 13 due to a liver failure

My angel is with God now
That’s a fact!

Pray for me
I need God’s help to cure the pain and fill this hole that she has left on my soul

I know how much she love had for you guys and the all gang at Stove bolt

Thank you for your friendship.

I posted below a picture captured from a video on their Facebook Page showing what Sabrina wanted. A simple outside service with her Yellow Chevy truck in attendance.

It's been more than 10 years ago that I met both Sabrina and Alberto at the Stovebolt Reunion in Kansas City. She was so happy to meet up with fellow Stovebolters in person and her interest in these old trucks was genuine. Awhile back I had noticed that she wasn't posting much anymore and I just assumed that life priorities had been the obstacle that was keeping her from the Stovebolt.

She will most definitely be missed, not only by her immediate family, but her Stovebolt family as well.

John

Attached Files
Sabrina.JPG (34.05 KB, 275 downloads)
Outside Service
Last edited by J Lucas; Sun May 24 2020 06:09 PM. Reason: Spelling and added last name

J Lucas

1941 Chevy 1/2-Ton
1942 Chevy 1.5-Ton SWB
1959 Chevy Apache 31 Fleetside
1959 Chevy Apache 32 Fleetside
1959 Chevy Viking 40

My Flicker Photos!

Re: Sabrina Iturbe (MexicoSab)
J Lucas #1361760 Sun May 24 2020 06:27 PM
W
Shop Shark
Wow, that makes me sad. RIP Sabrina.

Wayne

When I die, I hope she doesn't sell everything for what I told her I paid for it!

1938 1-Ton Farm Truck
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Photos that I have shared on Stovebolt via PhotoBucket are no longer available. Please contact me if you want a photo from an old post. malmwayne@hotmail.com
J Lucas #1361763 Sun May 24 2020 06:45 PM
J
Unrepentant VW Lover
Peggy and I are truly saddened to hear about this. She is a real loss to our little community. Sabrina was a truly nice, kind and outgoing personality here on Stovebolt and in person. She and Alberto made friends instantly with all of us in Kansas City that year, and certainly on line with many more. And what she may have felt she lacked in knowledge and experience with these old trucks, she more than made up for in her passion, energy and encouragement to others. I would say that she will be missed, but while that is true, it is also an understatement. I'm sure, when Peggy is able to get to the computer again, she will add her own words.

Once again, our world grows a little darker and less warm with the passing of this bright, warm light.

John
"There is a life about to start
When tomorrow comes..."

'49 Chevrolet 3804

J Lucas #1361777 Sun May 24 2020 08:08 PM
Grease Monkey, Moderator General Truck Talk & Greasy Spoon
Sabrina always showed true compassion in her posts. Not only did she love these old trucks, she loved the people of Stovebolt. She was especially fond of Joker. When he moved on from Stovebolt she kept in contact with him. A truly nice lady. Rest in peace Sabrina.

Martin
'62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress)
'47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project)
‘65 Chevy Biscayne 4dr 230 I-6 one owner (I’m #2)
‘39 Dodge Businessmans Coupe
USAF 1965-69 Weather Observation Tech (got paid to look at the clouds)

"I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one!
Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop!

J Lucas #1361779 Sun May 24 2020 08:19 PM
Boltergeist
I had just spoken to Terry a few days ago and it was a shock to hear such a sweet wonderful young lady had left us. Victoria and I met them in Kansas and immediately we felt as if we had known them for a much longer time. She and Victoria talked about perhaps us even making to a visit to see her and Alberto on one of our "road trips".
My heart is sad for the emptiness Alberto, and the entire family feel right now. RIP Sabrina and blessing asked from above for the family to be comforted.

1937 Chevy Pickup
1952 Chevy Panel
Pictures in my Photobucket
1950 Chevy Coupe

52 Chevy Panel

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
J Lucas #1361789 Sun May 24 2020 09:07 PM
S
Shop Shark
It hurts to have to post two consecutive posts regarding lost friends. I just submitted my post on Squeeze and just now noticed Sabrina had left us as well.
We never met but we did email. She seemed larger than life and I got to know her family through these emails. It is really shocking and all I can say is to quote Alberto "we have lost an angel!"
My best to her family and RIP Sab, you were one of us and we miss you already.
Bill

"Sedgewick"
1949 Chevy 1/2-Ton
1989 Caprice

J Lucas #1361825 Mon May 25 2020 01:29 AM
ace skiver
Rest in Peace Sab

Tim
1954Advance-Design.com [1954advance-design.com]
1954 3106 Carryall Suburban [stovebolt.com] - part of the family for 49 years
1954 3104 5-window pickup w/Hydra-Matic [1954advance-design.com] - part of the family for 15 years
- If you have to stomp on your foot-pedal starter, either you, or your starter, or your engine, has a problem.
- The 216 and early 235 engines are not "splash oilers" - this is a splash oiler. [chevy.oldcarmanualproject.com]
J Lucas #1361827 Mon May 25 2020 01:42 AM
Moderator - The Electrical Bay and Rocky Mountain Bolters
RIP Sab, I spoke with her on the phone a couple times when I lived in SoCal, we tried to meet up, but it did not happen.

Another quality post.

Real Trucks Rattle

HELP! The Paranoids are after me!
J Lucas #1361858 Mon May 25 2020 05:40 AM
T
Shop Shark
I feel privileged to have met a few of my stovebolter family and sad when one goes RIP SAB from downunder

57 3200 pickup 265 V8 with service tray
J Lucas #1362017 Tue May 26 2020 02:06 PM
D
Extreme Gabster
Having been on the 'Bolt as long as I have one gets to know the really good guys over the years.
Sabrina was one of the good guy. Never had the opportunity to meet her but I've felt that I
knew her by her participation here. Never heard a bad word from her about anyone, in fact,
just the opposite was true.
Sorry for your loss Alberto, but there's more to our lives than what we experience here on earth
and one day you well meet again.
Denny Graham

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop