The Stovebolt Page Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Helping out ...

EVENTS

Check in for status!

Jump over to the Events Forum, to post events -- new ones or the ones we have been enjoying for some time.
Look to see what's been cancelled or postponed.

Encourage one another!

Stovebolt Site Search

Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
4 members (bsarts, Hambone, Johnny N, 1 invisible), 112 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums50
Topics119,015
Posts952,752
Members43,313
Most Online1,229
Jan 21st, 2020
Image Posting Policy
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Bill "Flxible" LePage
John Milliman #1352347 Mon Mar 30 2020 03:26 AM
B
Shop Shark
Bill was a friend and a unique guy. Sent me some apple cider vinegar once. Made a livin in that Vancouver orchard. Maybe one of the most knowledgeable guys on old trucks I ever met....saddens me.

Buzz'n Half Dozen
John Milliman #1352434 Mon Mar 30 2020 05:42 PM
M
Shop Shark
One day in the mail a huge slab of applewood arrived from Bill unannounced. Sent it clear across the country. Big enough to make a nice end table for the cottage. I managed to repay him in part with a VIA rail conductor hat that I got from my buddy. That is just the type of guy he was - and his knowledge of tri five trucks was unparalleled.

Hope all is well Bzzn. Just me and Packy over at the OTN now, a third of our membership just disappeared. ...oh well it has been many years since the old glory days....I remember when the Internet was huge..lol

Last edited by mapleleaf; Mon Mar 30 2020 05:42 PM.
John Milliman #1352526 Tue Mar 31 2020 03:25 AM
B
Shop Shark
Mapes...

Nice to hear from you...been awhile...hope ur well....I think squeeze was 6 or 7 years older than me...kinda makes you think!....I’ve gotten arthritis pretty bad...so much so....that I’ve been putting a new engine and an automatic in my little truck which was what led me over here to try to find a solution to a tv linkage problem but alas....

If ya can, post a link to Norse’s site...I’ve lost my way in my old age...

Buzz'n Half Dozen
John Milliman #1361545 Fri May 22 2020 09:58 PM
S
Shop Shark
Many years ago I had the need to get a open drive Chevy transmission for a conversion I was doing. Bill lived a few hours from me on the island. I called him and we arranged a visit. When I arrived not only did I see his cider press and his collection of trucks (I don't recall the bus however) but also two transmissions two rear ends and a driveshaft all set to put into the trunk of my old Malibu.
A very generous man indeed and his wisdom will be missed by so many.
RIP Bill

"Sedgewick"
1949 Chevy 1/2-Ton
1989 Caprice

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop