The Stovebolt Page Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Helping out ...

EVENTS

Check in for status!

Jump over to the Events Forum, to post events -- new ones or the ones we have been enjoying for some time.
Look to see what's been cancelled or postponed.

Encourage one another!

Stovebolt Site Search

Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
9 members (DougR, BC59, AwDang, canuck49, 9% grade, 55 SHAKER, 1 invisible), 250 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums50
Topics119,929
Posts960,503
Members43,519
Most Online1,229
Jan 21st, 2020
Image Posting Policy
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Easter Tornadoes
#1354965 Mon Apr 13 2020 02:10 PM
S
Shop Shark
Prayers out to all of the Southern Bolters and their families and to all southern families that were affected by yesterday’s Easter tornadoes. There were several near misses for us but others were not so lucky.

These are trying times.

Phillip

1954 3100 w/Hydra-Matic

"It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop." and "To know what you know and what you do not know, that is true knowledge." - Confucius
Re: Easter Tornadoes
SmithLakeChevy #1354986 Mon Apr 13 2020 03:41 PM
T
Shop Shark
Glad to hear you were not in harms way. I was thinking about some of those folks in Louisiana and Mississippi, hope all are well.

Craig

Come,Bleed or Blister somethings got to give!!!
Q:"What yah runnin"
A:"3/8 drive Black and Decker aquarium pump motor" (the movie HOTROD)

59' Apache 31, long term project (30 years and counting)
SmithLakeChevy #1355001 Mon Apr 13 2020 04:46 PM
S
Shop Shark
Sounds like northwest Georgia got hit hard as well.

I think this is the latest news. "Eleven people were killed in Mississippi, and six more died in northwest Georgia. Two other bodies were pulled from damaged homes in Arkansas and South Carolina."

All is well here. We here in Alabama were very lucky. Near misses for in-laws in Carbon Hill and Brookside and Son and Daughter-in-law in Tuscaloosa. They say the power will be out until Wednesday morning in Brookside.

My son lives in Tuscaloosa and my daughter lived with him while attending college back in 2011. They, along with my niece and nephew, were right in the middle of the tornado that hit Tuscaloosa on April, 27th. They all made it out alive, but barely. There were many close neighbors and friends that did not.

We all have a special respect for tornadoes and those affected by them.

1954 3100 w/Hydra-Matic

"It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop." and "To know what you know and what you do not know, that is true knowledge." - Confucius
SmithLakeChevy #1355159 Tue Apr 14 2020 04:49 PM
Boltergeist
We had some high winds but nothing really bad here in the upstate of S.C. I live not far from what we call "tornado alley" in my area. We were very fortunate.
I did wonder how my deck chair got into the yard. The wind had to have picked it up almost straight up and over the 3ft railing. No other way for it to get out.

1937 Chevy Pickup
1952 Chevy Panel
Pictures in my Photobucket
1950 Chevy Coupe

52 Chevy Panel

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
SmithLakeChevy #1355171 Tue Apr 14 2020 05:14 PM
S
Shop Shark
Glad to hear you are safe Alvin. We also live in tornado alley or actually what is refered to as "Dixie Alley" [en.wikipedia.org]. Since we moved here in 2001 we have had tornadoes less than a mile on either side of us. Knowing this, we built a reinforced concrete storm shelter when we added on in 2004. When the the weather gets bad or we hear the sirens, we gather up the animals and move down there to safety.

1954 3100 w/Hydra-Matic

SmithLakeChevy #1355312 Wed Apr 15 2020 12:55 PM
T
Shop Shark
We have had a few EF1's in the surrounding area but nothing close, we have made up for it in rain though.

Craig

Come,Bleed or Blister somethings got to give!!!
Q:"What yah runnin"
A:"3/8 drive Black and Decker aquarium pump motor" (the movie HOTROD)

59' Apache 31, long term project (30 years and counting)

Moderated by  Achipmunk 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop