The Stovebolt Page Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Helping out ...

EVENTS

Check in for status!

Jump over to the Events Forum, to post events -- new ones or the ones we have been enjoying for some time.
Look to see what's been cancelled or postponed.

Encourage one another!

Stovebolt Site Search

Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
9 members (66flea, Eisenhart1992, James Perciballi, DennisM, 47chevySC, 1 invisible), 141 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums50
Topics118,977
Posts952,351
Members43,300
Most Online1,229
Jan 21st, 2020
Image Posting Policy
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: fuse blowing
Bodini #1353106 Fri Apr 03 2020 03:19 PM
B
Bodini Offline OP
New Guy
Finally got around to "fixing" the problem after waking up in the middle of the night with fix it ideas. I called Rebel wiring and they suggested put a new fuse in and then pull the light switch out to park position then headlight position and see where it "pops". It popped on the park position. Rebel then said to disconnect the brown wires to the headlight switch (park, panel and tail lights) and then reconnect one at a time. It popped when I reconnected the parking light wire. So, since I never use my parking lights I said the heck with it and taped off the parking light wire and called it good. Headlights work, Tail lights and turn signals work. Thanks to you that responded and many thanks to Rebel wiring.

Bodini #1353111 Fri Apr 03 2020 03:37 PM
H
Boltergeist
OK, you seem to have some Mickey Mouse aftermarket wiring harness that doesn't follow the factory wiring diagram, so I have no idea where the headlight switch power is coming from. The headlight circuit should be powered from a source of battery voltage that is not routed through any type of fuse so there's no way for the lights to lose power for more than a few seconds. That's the reason to use a self-resetting circuit breaker instead of a fuse. Since you've got a voltmeter instead of the original ammeter, the original circuit diagram can't be followed. Far too many people have bought into the fairy tale that ammeters are some kind of fire hazard. This thread is getting far beyond something that can be solved without some hands-on work by someone who fully understands DC electrical systems, and can trace the individual circuits you have.
Jerry

The murder victim was drowned in a bathtub full of Rice Krispies and milk.
The coroner blamed the crime on a cereal killer!

Cringe and wail in fear, Eloi- - - - -we Morlocks are on the hunt!
Bodini #1353123 Fri Apr 03 2020 05:01 PM
Moderator - The Electrical Bay and Rocky Mountain Bolters
you should figure out what the issue is and fix it

Another quality post.

Real Trucks Rattle

HELP! The Paranoids are after me!
Bodini #1353135 Fri Apr 03 2020 06:30 PM
F
Shop Shark
Sounds like your brown wire is shorted to ground. To isolate you may be able to just pull the parking light bulbs out and replace them one at a time to see which blows fuse. Put an ohmmeter between the wire and ground looking for a short. You could also pull the bulbs out one at a time to see when the short goes away. Fix will probably be a lot simpler than finding it. Good luck

Ed
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop