The Stovebolt Page Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Helping out ...

EVENTS

Check in for status!

Jump over to the Events Forum, to post events -- new ones or the ones we have been enjoying for some time.
Look to see what's been cancelled or postponed.

Encourage one another!

Stovebolt Site Search

Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
15 members (drdoug, hardshell, buckaroo01, dirtball, 2 invisible), 173 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums50
Topics120,974
Posts969,810
Members43,809
Most Online1,229
Jan 21st, 2020
Image Posting Policy
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Insalling Courtesy Lights
Reup #1352108 Sat Mar 28 2020 05:18 PM
R
Reup Offline OP
New Guy
Wow - what a treasure I have found at Stovebolt.com!!!! I only joined up a few days ago and have already received so many nice welcomes from my introductory story and photos (My 66') as well as answers to my questions about installing a Painless Courtesy Light Kit. I would especially like to thank Hambone, Klhansen, and 62Stick for their response to the later. I used Klhansen's tip of running a wire in parallel to the lights and it worked great. Now both lights come on if either door is opened. But as far as going any further with the dome light, I have decided to just leave it the way it is. Very happy!!
Thank you all.

Larry Reuppel
Reup #1352278 Sun Mar 29 2020 08:27 PM
Shop Shark
Larry,

You're welcome. That's what we do here. We all have a passion for these old trucks or we wouldn't have one. When we find others with a similar passion, we try to encourage it. Trucks like ours don't maintain themselves. They need our help. None of us knows it all, but as a Community, we can usually figure out whatever issue any one of use are experiencing.

Welcome to the virtual neighborhood.

Reup #1355177 Tue Apr 14 2020 05:22 PM
W
Wrench Fetcher
I have courtesy/dome lights in my '64. Actually a aircraft style in the center of the headline, the stock light over the rear window and lights up under the dash adjacent to the tick panels.
We used GM style switches which are self centering and screw into a 11/32" hole. Drilled a 3/8" hole in the kick panel, adjacent to the lower edge of the dash, fished the wire into the door jamb and then into attached same to the GM type switch.
If I remember correctly the courtesy lights are switched on the ground side in lieu of the hot wire. Wm.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Hambone 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop