The Stovebolt Page Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Helping out ...

EVENTS

Check in for status!

Jump over to the Events Forum, to post events -- new ones or the ones we have been enjoying for some time.
Look to see what's been cancelled or postponed.

Encourage one another!

Stovebolt Site Search

Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
7 members (John Drabik, sack, NC Scout 52-5, hardshell, porsche, olezippi), 271 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums50
Topics121,512
Posts974,191
Members43,945
Most Online1,229
Jan 21st, 2020
Image Posting Policy
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Effects
DADS50 #1350503 Wed Mar 18 2020 01:42 PM
D
DADS50 Offline OP
Shop Shark
The boys school Let us in to the school class rooms yesterday to pick up books and ipad

DADS50 #1350506 Wed Mar 18 2020 02:04 PM
Grease Monkey, Moderator General Truck Talk & Greasy Spoon
With basically being stuck at the ranch you would think I would get lots of work done on my various rolling projects. Cloudy, rainy and breezy and my shop is the driveway. A lot of planning forward progress going on in my head. Pretty frustrating but many have it far worse. Hope everyone is being aware.

Martin
'62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress)
'47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project)
‘65 Chevy Biscayne 4dr 230 I-6 one owner (I’m #2)
‘39 Dodge Businessmans Coupe
USAF 1965-69 Weather Observation Tech (got paid to look at the clouds)

"I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one!
Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop!

DADS50 #1350510 Wed Mar 18 2020 02:14 PM
H
Wrench Fetcher
Kansas state wide suspended all schools till August next school year . Think they are trying to figure out some learn from home thing nit with so many little schools here it would take till August to get equipment and everything set up for online school.
Course what were most of the kids doing yesterday lol out running amuck.

DADS50 #1350515 Wed Mar 18 2020 03:36 PM
Master Gabster
What she closed was the school buildings so people wouldn't be packed so close together for the rest of the school year. You're right about coming up with a way for kids to study from home. How they're going to do that is above my pay grade. The local Casey's convenience stores have their serve-it-yourself areas blocked off as of this morning. If you want a soda or cup of coffee or sandwich you tell the cashier and they get it for you. I went down the road to the Loves store. They gave me a cup to access the soda machine so that my dirty, slobbered on refill cup wouldn't come into contact with the machine.

Save a life, adopt a senior shelter pet.
The three main causes of blindness: Cataracts, Politics, Religion.
Name your dog Naked so you can walk Naked in the park.
DADS50 #1350520 Wed Mar 18 2020 04:16 PM
W
Master Gabster
2 local universities have told students they could but not obligated to go home. Some lamenting that they will miss out on graduation and saying goodby to friends. All of the city and county schools are on E-learning. And teachers will receive full pay for the rest of the year. Contrary to popular belief teachers do not get paid for the yearly breaks like Christmas and the summer. But most do structure their pay to get it twice a month year-round. When I was married to a teacher we tried the 9-month pay cycle but it did not work for us. I have another skin surgery on Monday so I have decided to stay home. I am not sick but do cough a lot because of my COPD so I don't want to worry anyone. ohwell

Ron, The Computer Greek
I love therefore I am.

1960 MGA Roadster Sold 7/18/2017
1954 3100 Chevy truck in the Gallery
2017 Buick Encore
Pix on Photobucket
DADS50 #1350534 Wed Mar 18 2020 06:02 PM
"Hey! I sound like Darth Vader!!
Originally Posted by DADS50
School trip to knots berry farm in southern cali....postponed

I was hoping to go to the Pomona auto swap meet in a few weeks. My guess is it will be cancelled.

How about your area?

Don't come here! I believe it's Washington, New York, then California as the worst currently. Numbers are growing every day. Plus, they already closed Knott's!

John Milliman #1350535 Wed Mar 18 2020 06:06 PM
"Hey! I sound like Darth Vader!!
Originally Posted by John Milliman
I hope you all are practicing social media distancing -- Please sit at least three feet from your monitors and key boards and only use your fingernails to type with, ok? No virtual hugs. Use plenty of hand sanitizer on your mouse and usb ports.

Hope this helps.

(NOTE: I'm KIDDING. Please don't put any liquids on your computer equipment. I'm NOT kidding about hugging me, though. Pandemic or not, my personal space is measure in acres, not inches)

Since Monday, we've been doing company mandated wipe down of our work stations before we start and end of shift. We also have to wipe down vehicle door handles, steering wheels, shifters, etc before we get in, commence work. A large percentage of the work force is working from home except us dumb laborers who have to be on property. No management to be seen and it is oddly quiet outside as the Ontario, CA. airport pattern is almost non-existent overhead.

MNSmith #1350540 Wed Mar 18 2020 06:29 PM
Housekeeping (Moderator) Making a Stovebolt Bed & Paint and Body Shop Forums
Originally Posted by MNSmith
...and it is oddly quiet outside as the Ontario, CA. airport pattern is almost non-existent overhead.
That reminds me of 9-11 when they shut down the airways after the attacks. I was headed to the airport for a work trip, but of course turned around when I heard the news. Went home because I was going to be out of the office anyway and worked on my kitchen remodel I had going. It was definitely strange with no jets overhead, except for the F15's orbiting town on patrol.
Unfortunately the death toll from this is just over 100 souls in the US. Hopefully it won't get to the level of 9-11. Fingers crossed.

Kevin
First car '29 Ford Special Coupe
#2 - '29 Ford pickup restored from the ground up.
Newest Project - 51 Chevy 3100 work truck. Photos [flickr.com]
Busting rust since the mid-60's
DADS50 #1350547 Wed Mar 18 2020 07:03 PM
T
Shop Shark
Was invited to COE500 birthday 60 th he has had to cancel over crowd numbers . trip to homecoming off now as well . we are still working out in the sun so not all is bad went to club last night was no 80 on entry only allowed 100 in had a few cold ones

57 3200 pickup 265 V8 with service tray
DADS50 #1350857 Fri Mar 20 2020 07:33 PM
D
DADS50 Offline OP
Shop Shark
Big thank you to those who work in the grocery/supply chain

thumbs_up

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Bouncer, Justhorsenround, Tiny 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop