The Stovebolt Page Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Helping out ...

EVENTS

Check in for status!

Jump over to the Events Forum, to post events -- new ones or the ones we have been enjoying for some time.
Look to see what's been cancelled or postponed.

Encourage one another!

Stovebolt Site Search

Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
1 members (tom moore), 231 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums50
Topics121,549
Posts974,462
Members43,961
Most Online1,229
Jan 21st, 2020
Image Posting Policy
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Go or stay home?
rickmg #1350509 Wed Mar 18 2020 02:13 PM
R
rickmg Offline OP
Shop Shark
UPDATE!!!

Cancelled my flight. Southwest let me reschedule the flight in August. The swap meet I've attended for years was cancelled last Sunday. The Friday fish fry dinners at church were also cancelled. I wonder if the swap meets I attend in April and May will also be cancelled. If the Dairy Queen in town is closed, I'm going to be really bummed. We sell eggs, we get 5-6 dozen a day. The Amazon driver stopped in to buy eggs the other day for herself and family. Told the wife she was making deliveries of TP and saw our egg shingle out front. Wife should have made an even trade! The eggs we don't sell we donate to the local Social Services. They are always very appreciative.

Take care folks
Rick

rickmg #1350523 Wed Mar 18 2020 04:49 PM
J
Shop Shark
Psychologists and sociologists will be studying this TP thing for years. I’ll bet the hysteria started on Facebook.

"Happiness equals reality minus expectations" - Tom Magliozzi
Jim Bow #1350527 Wed Mar 18 2020 05:10 PM
M
Shop Shark
My son was supposed to get his engineering iron ring on the weekend. We flew in his older brother who is also an engineer to present it to him at the University. It all got cancelled so I cut him a ring out of 1/2 electrical conduit, sized it by cutting an mig'ing it back together. Polished it and had our own ceremony. He loved it and had the only ring of all his engineering buddies.

rickmg #1350529 Wed Mar 18 2020 05:35 PM
S
Shop Shark
If anybody ever wrote a book of TP recipes they would be rich. Its a stampede mentality. In a drug store last Sunday people (mainly women) were hovering around the empty TP section when the stock clerk brought in a case. One grabbed the case and headed for the cashier. TP wars part 1.
Next day at Safeway a woman had two shopping carts of bulk packed TP. When she went to get the last package another intercepted her and what a fight! Worse than Black Friday or Boxing Day.
As we are always warned about the Big One (earthquake) I thought that on recommendations from the authorities I would start to stow essentials. I bought a big Rubbermaid hamper in 1996 and I hate to say it but its never been opened. Empty. I have enough now for about 10 days but am getting concerned. I tried to buy poultry and beef yesterday to make some crockpot meals but there was nothing. Went back at 7 this morning and got the chicken but that was all. There are no eggs, very little canned or boxed food but tons of chocolate Easter goodies.
As to TP I am okay but would be embarrassed to buy any right now. Sticks work well as do leaves but watch out for the pine cones!

"Sedgewick"
1949 Chevy 1/2-Ton
1989 Caprice

Tiny #1350532 Wed Mar 18 2020 05:55 PM
"Hey! I sound like Darth Vader!!
Originally Posted by Tiny
Following your Dr's advise is spot on. If you do fly, assume everything you touch in public places is contaminated and act accordingly.

Except, this one ain't about touch. It's about breathing it in. That's why they talk about "social distancing." Sitting in an airplane, on a cruise ship, large gatherings, the issue is with the air that is breathed in.

Re: Go Stay home!
rickmg #1350538 Wed Mar 18 2020 06:18 PM
D
Shop Shark
That quote is 6 days ago

As we all know things are changing rapidly

In our area the title of this thread would change to “go stay home” as of yesterdays announcement
Governor also shut down slot machines/gaming as of yesterday

Hows traffic on the 10?

rickmg #1350556 Wed Mar 18 2020 08:04 PM
"Hey! I sound like Darth Vader!!
From where I sit, I can throw rocks at my house. If I leave for work late, I will still get here before anyone else. The 10 would be another mile North of my house and I haven't been on it for about 2 weeks now. BUT, my guy who comes in from Moreno Valley says that traffic is super light on the 60, both coming and going! Unheard of!!

MNSmith #1350588 Wed Mar 18 2020 09:31 PM
Housekeeping (Moderator) Making a Stovebolt Bed & Paint and Body Shop Forums
Originally Posted by MNSmith
From where I sit, I can throw rocks at my house.
LOL
I could do that too, but it would put dings in the sheetrock. Wife would be unhappy, to put it mildly. wink

Kevin
First car '29 Ford Special Coupe
#2 - '29 Ford pickup restored from the ground up.
Newest Project - 51 Chevy 3100 work truck. Photos [flickr.com]
Busting rust since the mid-60's
rickmg #1350599 Wed Mar 18 2020 10:28 PM
R
Shop Shark
I was wondering about visiting the doctor during these times. My wife booked appointments (for today) with the doctor a few weeks ago. They phoned yesterday and said the doctor would phone or video call during the appointment time. She phoned right on time and we didn't have to sit and wait 1/2 to 3/4 of an hour after the designated appointment time to talk to her.

It's a small world, but I wouldn't want to paint it.
rickmg #1350610 Wed Mar 18 2020 11:50 PM
W
Master Gabster
I went Monday and the masks that they wore it was difficult to understand my instructions after the surgery and I have another one this coming Monday. ohwell

Ron, The Computer Greek
I love therefore I am.

1960 MGA Roadster Sold 7/18/2017
1954 3100 Chevy truck in the Gallery
2017 Buick Encore
Pix on Photobucket
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Bouncer, Justhorsenround, Tiny 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop