The Stovebolt Page Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Helping out ...

EVENTS

Check in for status!

Jump over to the Events Forum, to post events -- new ones or the ones we have been enjoying for some time.
Look to see what's been cancelled or postponed.

Encourage one another!

Stovebolt Site Search

Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
12 members (BigUglyv1, Doc.Hall, 2and4wheels, dougs, 47chevySC, AndyJ), 207 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums50
Topics119,910
Posts960,354
Members43,513
Most Online1,229
Jan 21st, 2020
Image Posting Policy
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
A mighty thank you to many ...
#1350207 Mon Mar 16 2020 03:58 PM
Peggy M Offline OP
Worker Bee
We are so sorry this is long delayed. Because of ... well many things ... the last update acknowledging donations was some time ago. Our apologizes for all that. blush

There are many aspects to keeping the Stovebolt web site humming along -- from keeping the server functional 24/7 (a HUGE thanks to Paul "The Stovebolt Geek" Schmehl working away down there in Texas!), riding herd over the forums, creating and updating Gallery pages and Tech Tips, a whole host of jobs and efforts. We are so grateful to have dedicated volunteers all over the place making these things happen. Not the least of our helpers are the Bolters who continuously help one another out in the forums -- they are the strength of the site. They are the heart-core -- people willing to put a little something back into this site by sharing their knowledge through virtual hands-on assistance. Over the years, these lovers of old trucks have come face-to-face on a regular basis, extending the same generosity and helpfulness that began right here. We can't keep them apart (which is awesome!) The Event forums and the Side Lots have helped make that happen. But we found out that these Bolters are naturally drawn to one another -- all over, field and mountain, distant shores, too! It's a natural bond that brings these old truck people together.

Then there's a very special group who needs a big thanks from all of us. They've dipped into their pockets and, after sorting out a few nuts, bolts and dog hairs, have tossed some cash our way to help us pay for the things we need to keep this site on-line and up-to-date.

All of our staff (including John and Peggy) are volunteers -- All contributions go directly to the operation, maintenance and upgrade of Stovebolt.com, the net's oldest and most complete site on old GM trucks!

Listed those who donated this year, thru the end of March.

NOTE: Will update this list at the end of each month.

Peggy

Last edited by Peggy M; Wed Apr 01 2020 11:29 PM.
Re: A mighty thank you to many ...
Peggy M #1350221 Mon Mar 16 2020 05:38 PM
Boltergeist
For those who mail in their donations what is the NEW address now that you have moved.....I'm glad you posted this. I have been a little lax lately!!!

....if your address is not to be public please PM me.
Hugs.

1937 Chevy Pickup
1952 Chevy Panel
Pictures in my Photobucket
1950 Chevy Coupe

52 Chevy Panel

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Peggy M #1350230 Mon Mar 16 2020 06:35 PM
ace skiver
If you derive any benefit or entertainment from reading/posting-on Stovebolt.com make a donation.

There is no PayPal fee if you designate it is a personal payment.

Tim
1954Advance-Design.com [1954advance-design.com]
1954 3106 Carryall Suburban [stovebolt.com] - part of the family for 49 years
1954 3104 5-window pickup w/Hydra-Matic [1954advance-design.com] - part of the family for 15 years
- If you have to stomp on your foot-pedal starter, either you, or your starter, or your engine, has a problem.
- The 216 and early 235 engines are not "splash oilers" - this is a splash oiler. [chevy.oldcarmanualproject.com]
Peggy M #1350253 Mon Mar 16 2020 09:26 PM
Peggy M Offline OP
Worker Bee
Opps. Good catch Alvin. dang I'll fix that page with the new address as soon as I can. Thanx.

Tim, I didn't know that about the "personal donation." We have had most donations tagged with a few. I'll add that, too. I wonder if you can include a note. It would help me a lot to have the donor's screen name.

Peg

Peggy M #1350254 Mon Mar 16 2020 09:29 PM
K
Housekeeping (Moderator) Making a Stovebolt Bed & Paint and Body Shop Forums
I just sent a donation in, but didn't figure out how to make it a personal payment. The link on the page just takes you to a merchant designation of "The Stovebolt Page" that looks like you're buying something. So unfortunately, you didn't get the whole thing.
Anyway, Well worth the donation for the knowledge obtained from the site. thumbs_up

Last edited by klhansen; Mon Mar 16 2020 09:33 PM.

Kevin
First car '29 Ford Special Coupe
#2 - '29 Ford pickup restored from the ground up.
Newest Project - 51 Chevy 3100 work truck. Photos [flickr.com]
Busting rust since the mid-60's
Peggy M #1350268 Mon Mar 16 2020 10:50 PM
ace skiver
Hello, Peg,

It has been a while since I set up a PayPal account.

I think an email address is used?
What email address did you use?

I'll see if I can make a donation to that email address - and - that way maybe indicate it is a non-commercial transfer?

Tim
1954 3104 5-window pickup w/Hydra-Matic [1954advance-design.com] - part of the family for 15 years
- If you have to stomp on your foot-pedal starter, either you, or your starter, or your engine, has a problem.
- The 216 and early 235 engines are not "splash oilers" - this is a splash oiler. [chevy.oldcarmanualproject.com]
Peggy M #1350271 Mon Mar 16 2020 10:57 PM
Grease Monkey, Moderator General Truck Talk & Greasy Spoon
Thanks Peggy. I asked John to update the address shortly after the move but I know he’s busy. There are some of us that prefer snail mail.

Martin
'62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress)
'47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project)
‘65 Chevy Biscayne 4dr 230 I-6 one owner (I’m #2)
‘39 Dodge Businessmans Coupe
USAF 1965-69 Weather Observation Tech (got paid to look at the clouds)

"I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one!
Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop!

Peggy M #1350273 Mon Mar 16 2020 11:09 PM
Peggy M Offline OP
Worker Bee
I prefer snail mail too. And we've had a bunch who do. I had a problem (among many dang) with getting the deposit to the bank. One check waited a whole year and I returned it ... don't wanting to mess up the donor's account. All that has been remedied.

The address has been updated on that Thanks page, with a link coming back here.

I'm out of time for the day. If anything comes up, just send me a note.

And please don't anyone feel compelled to jump in here. Our timing seems to be bad with all this crazy stuff going on in the world. Changes made in the past few years have been covered by donations. We have such an awesome crew.

Peg

Last edited by Peggy M; Mon Mar 16 2020 11:12 PM.
tclederman #1350300 Tue Mar 17 2020 01:02 AM
K
Housekeeping (Moderator) Making a Stovebolt Bed & Paint and Body Shop Forums
Originally Posted by tclederman
I'll see if I can make a donation to that email address - and - that way maybe indicate it is a non-commercial transfer?
Tim, The receipt e-mail I got from paypal indicated the payment was to editor@stovebolt.com. That should work for you.

Kevin
First car '29 Ford Special Coupe
#2 - '29 Ford pickup restored from the ground up.
Newest Project - 51 Chevy 3100 work truck. Photos [flickr.com]
Busting rust since the mid-60's
Peggy M #1350308 Tue Mar 17 2020 01:40 AM
ace skiver
Thanks, Kevin

When you use editor@stovebolt.com, and make a personal payment - there would be no fee.

Stovebolt.com is not a for-profit business - why pay a “business transaction fee”?

Tim
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Peggy M 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop