Put a new battery in. Was going to take a little trip down the road and noticed I had no brakes when pulling out of the garage. Brake pedal went to the floor. Had full brakes last time I drove it in November. Checked master cylinder and it is bone dry. Must have a leaking wheel cylinder. That will be the next project. Debating on replacing all four since I don't know how old these are.
My door on the drivers side kept sticking and no longer had any spring action. Had a nice fellow on the Bolt send me an old door control he had but unfortunately the spline was no good. I took my door control apart and found out the spring was broken. Good thing was the control that was sent to me had a good spring. After pulling both controls apart I was able to use my original door control with the donor spring and all is well. Took me about 1 1/2 hrs from start to finish. I had to do the same thing on my 37 pickup.
Last edited by olezippi; Sat Feb 22 2020 01:16 PM.
Removed the engine mounted air compressor from my Spartan so I could access the passenger side valve cover and take if off as well to inspect the rocker arms as such. One step closer to get it running!
I've done four of these brackets from Dave and nothing but good to say about them. Makes that 235/261 look right at home and period correct as far as water pump and fan placement. A huge shout out to him.