The Stovebolt Page Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Helping out ...

EVENTS

Check in for status!

Jump over to the Events Forum, to post events -- new ones or the ones we have been enjoying for some time.
Look to see what's been cancelled or postponed.

Encourage one another!

Stovebolt Site Search

Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
6 members (tclederman, dougs, Hambone, joe apple, 2 invisible), 178 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums50
Topics121,036
Posts970,303
Members43,817
Most Online1,229
Jan 21st, 2020
Image Posting Policy
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
1967 P30 GMC Value Van
#1345707 Sun Feb 09 2020 04:31 PM
N
Nobleq Offline OP
Moderated
New guy here. I currently working on a 1967 GMc P30 GMC Value Van. All aluminum body that's in pretty decent shape. I'm trying to build this so I can take it out on road trips and not get beat to death. I'm planning on ditching the rear axle and leafs and install a set that is not as stiff. Now the big question is the front end. It has leads with solid axle. All manual drum breaks and steering pretty sloppy. I'm wondering if C20 front crossmember and a-arms were would fit without alot of modification. Thanks in advance.

Re: 1967 P30 GMC Value Van
Nobleq #1346050 Wed Feb 12 2020 12:27 AM
G
Likely it already has the suspension it needs. Reducing suspension capacity on a truck is usually a mistake in my opinion.
If you want a smaller truck hunt for a smaller truck.

1951 GMC 250 in the Project Journals [stovebolt.com]
1948 Chevrolet 6400 [stovebolt.com] - Detroit Diesel 4-53T - Roadranger 10 speed overdrive - 4 wheel disc brakes
1952 Chevrolet 3800 pickup [stovebolt.com]
---All pictures [picasaweb.google.com]---
"First, get a clear notion of what you desire to accomplish, and then in all probability you will succeed in doing it..." -Henry Maudslay-

Moderated by  69Cuda, Grigg 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop