The Stovebolt Page Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Nothing new here ...

STOVEBOLT FEVER

There is no cure!

Thanks to all of you, we have been virtual for over 25 years.

Stovebolt Site Search

Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
11 members (D B Cooper, Hambone, Jim Crowell, 47fivewindow, 2 invisible), 222 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums47
Topics117,641
Posts941,062
Members43,016
Most Online1,229
Jan 21st, 2020
Image Posting Policy
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hello Stove Bolt
#1345345 Fri Feb 07 2020 12:21 AM
D
Moderated
Hello

I am Daniel from Buckley Washington. This is my 51 mix and match. The cab is a 51 3/4t and the engine and chassis are from a 54. The tranny is a late model S10 5 speed. The rear end came from a 95 Tahoe. I bought this two years ago and haven't driven my Jeep since. No more idiot lights. No more computer. I am not a mechanic but with Stove Bolt and YouTube I am able to keep up with maintenance and am gaining way! There were no shocks or mounts on the back. I had a shop do that for me. I got one king pin out but not the other. LoL. So I sent the whole axle to a man in Oklahoma who sand blasted it, painted it, straightened it and installed standard size pins. Didn't cost that much either. I did refurbish and upgrade the heater myself. I changed the door hinges, pins, latches and strikers and it banged loud and kind of latched...sometimes. Couldn't open from the inside. I followed two tech notes in this forum and my doors close lock and open correctly now. It was pretty easy.

I searched everywhere and could not figure out why none of the driver door latches have a key lock mechanism. The hole is in the latch but no lock. I thought it was an after market glitch. There is no key hole in my driver door either. When I ordered the key lock cylinder for the passenger door there was a note that said the driver's door did not come with a cylinder lock my model year (51). I think I will have someone install an electric lock for the driver door. I'm not into entering and exiting on passenger side. Right now I am just using "the club" to lock things.

Thank you,
Daniel

Attached Files
51 chevy.jpg (325.51 KB, 82 downloads)

DanielMcCrea
Re: Hello Stove Bolt
DanielMac #1345364 Fri Feb 07 2020 02:59 AM
Grease Monkey, Moderator General Truck Talk & Greasy Spoon
Welcome to the Stovebolt madness. There is no cure! shake
Glad you had a positive experience with Nostalgia Sids in Guthrie, Ok

Martin
'62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress)
'47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project)
ā€˜65 Chevy Biscayne 4dr 230 I-6 one owner (Iā€™m #2)
ā€˜39 Dodge Businessmans Coupe

"I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one!
Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line" and lock up those on the wrong side of that line.

DanielMac #1345367 Fri Feb 07 2020 03:26 AM
Moderator - The Electrical Bay and Rocky Mountain Bolters
Welcome to the 'bolt. I grew up in Orting and was constantly threatened with being sent to a certain facility in Buckley

Another quality post.

Real Trucks Rattle

HELP! The Paranoids are after me!
DanielMac #1345384 Fri Feb 07 2020 12:36 PM
T
Shop Shark
Welcome to the BOLT. Nice truck. You seem to be doing everything right, just take your time and don't get in over your head. Sid is a great guy to deal with, I have one of his dropped axles, real good work.

Craig

Come,Bleed or Blister somethings got to give!!!
Q:"What yah runnin"
A:"3/8 drive Black and Decker aquarium pump motor" (the movie HOTROD)

59' Apache 31, long term project (30 years and counting)
DanielMac #1345398 Fri Feb 07 2020 02:36 PM
Extreme Gabster
Welcome to the Stovebolt. We are here to help and no such thing as a stupid question around here. Nice looking truck.
By the way, here in the south we call a truck with many different parts a "Dukes Mixture" LOL
Good to have you here, see you around the garage.

1937 Chevy Pickup
1952 Chevy Panel
Pictures in my Photobucket
1950 Chevy Coupe

52 Chevy Panel

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
DanielMac #1345434 Fri Feb 07 2020 05:29 PM
Big Bolt Forum Moderator
welcome neighbor! Not sure on the older ones but on the Taskforce era trucks, you can use passenger side lock parts and make both driver and passenger side lock with a key.

Mike

1955 Chevy 6400 ex-flatbed (no bed now!)
In the Stovebolt Gallery

1958 Chevy 6400 flatbed W/dump
In the Stovebolt Gallery

1959 Chevy Suburban Owned for almost 20 years, Daily Driver -- sold May 2016
In the Stovebolt Gallery

Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof

Moderated by  Achipmunk, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop