The Stovebolt Page Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Helping out ...

EVENTS

Check in for status!

Jump over to the Events Forum, to post events -- new ones or the ones we have been enjoying for some time.
Look to see what's been cancelled or postponed.

Encourage one another!

Stovebolt Site Search

Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
20 members (BC59, BLUEMEANIE, baldeagle, 1Ton_tommy, 51bowtie, 3 invisible), 119 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums50
Topics120,526
Posts966,082
Members43,692
Most Online1,229
Jan 21st, 2020
Image Posting Policy
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
rocker to inner rear cab corner
#1339306 Fri Dec 27 2019 02:58 PM
M
Shop Shark
on a 53 half ton, does the rear of a new rocker panel typically butt up to the front of the inner cab corner. I understand that is approximately the case. I'm just trying to loose fit the lower cab panels, and am just curious to know if a reproduction rocker panel typically has to be trimmed at the inner cab corner, or if it typically just butts up to the edge, and welded there. I realize that everything must be fit up properly prior to any welding. I'm just trying to get some rough ideas here.

Re: rocker to inner rear cab corner
Mike Burns #1339355 Fri Dec 27 2019 09:27 PM
Housekeeping (Moderator) Making a Stovebolt Bed & Paint and Body Shop Forums
There was about a 1/2" lap joint between the original rocker panel and the inner cab corner. I haven't checked closely yet on my new parts, but I believe that the lap joint should be there. I've removed all remnants of the inner corner to the floor panel and the replacements have an indent where the flange on the floor goes.
The location of the rocker needs to match up on the front where the parking brake bracket connects to the floor pan with the one large hole and two smaller ones. I think that's the more critical location for the rocker. I'm going by the holes and notches in the rocker for the weatherstrip hold-down screws. But I notice that they don't match up perfectly on all holes/notches.

Kevin
First car '29 Ford Special Coupe
#2 - '29 Ford pickup restored from the ground up.
Newest Project - 51 Chevy 3100 work truck. Photos [flickr.com]
Busting rust since the mid-60's

Moderated by  HandyAndy, klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop