The Stovebolt Page Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Helping out ...

EVENTS

Check in for status!

Jump over to the Events Forum, to post events -- new ones or the ones we have been enjoying for some time.
Look to see what's been cancelled or postponed.

Encourage one another!

Stovebolt Site Search

Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
1 members (Johnny N), 179 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums50
Topics120,922
Posts969,326
Members43,791
Most Online1,229
Jan 21st, 2020
Image Posting Policy
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
'62 C10 Transmission High Hump Needed
#1335452 Wed Nov 27 2019 04:14 PM
D
DougR Offline OP
New Guy
Greetings!

Just replaced the column shift in my '62 to a floor shift. However, my transmission hump is too low. I need the high hump pan to accommodate a 3 speed floor shift. I've been searching on line but have yet to find what I think I need. I'm sure several of you guys have been through this. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance and Happy Thanksgiving!

Doug Robertson
drr20175@gmail.com

1962 C10 shortbed
Re: '62 C10 Transmission High Hump Needed
DougR #1337655 Sat Dec 14 2019 06:39 PM
Shop Shark
I got lucky when I found mine in an old junk yard about 13 - 14 years ago. There is a section of the firewall that you will need as well. Once you look at that area in the firewall, it will be obvious where to cut the spot welds and pull the piece out.
The rear part of the High Hump is a direct bolt in, but the front needs the matching piece that is welded onto the firewall.

The previous owner had swapped out the 3 Speed for the SM420 4 Speed, but did not change the tranny tunnel. They just bent a piece of sheet tin over the area and screwed it down. Ugly solution! I had to fix that.

Moderated by  Hambone 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop