The Stovebolt Page Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Helping out ...

EVENTS

Check in for status!

Jump over to the Events Forum, to post events -- new ones or the ones we have been enjoying for some time.
Look to see what's been cancelled or postponed.

Encourage one another!

Stovebolt Site Search

Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
13 members (DennisM, Christian, Est2rad customs, 49 3100, 50wudy, 1 invisible), 264 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums50
Topics120,033
Posts961,355
Members43,542
Most Online1,229
Jan 21st, 2020
Image Posting Policy
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Antique Handplane Website start up
#1337430 Thu Dec 12 2019 08:10 PM
T
Shop Shark
Just curious if anyone here could PM me and help me better understand how to start a website. I have quite a collection of woodworking antique hand planes and want to start a website for those who want to share their expertise and their passion for them.

I don't have a clue as to what it would cost or how to expand it, funding it though partners in the project, probably have to use my personal funds not knowing what the start up and running costs would be, and what some pitfalls may be in time commitment, and any laws I need to know about, or resources I can research.. Now that retirement is nearing, it may be something I can devote some of my time to advancing, A new site like this would be nice for people like me who want to make their own planes, restore antique planes, use them, and trade/sell them.

thoughts?

Tom

Last edited by tom moore; Thu Dec 12 2019 08:26 PM.
Re: Antique Handplane Website start up
tom moore #1337438 Thu Dec 12 2019 10:31 PM
J
Unrepentant VW Lover
Tom ... The best advice *I* can give you is to take a big hammer (10 lbs at least) and whack the holy crap out of your big toe with it every time you start thinking about starting a web site ... smile Repeat as often as necessary to make the idea go away.

Seriously, though, PM both Paul (Baldeagle) and I and we can share some thoughts about what we've learned over the last 25 years of doing this site.

John
"There is a life about to start
When tomorrow comes..."

'49 Chevrolet 3804

Moderated by  Bouncer, Justhorsenround, Tiny 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop