The Stovebolt Page Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Happy New Year

A New Year
A New Decade
A New Vision

Ring in the new with some quality time with your old truck! A great time to tackle a winter project. If you do not have access to your truck, start your parts list for spring!
The days are officially getting longer now, you know!

Stovebolt Site Search

Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
20 registered members (Dr. Jag, 37 GC, 2and4wheels, 49 3100, David C., BC59), 390 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums48
Topics117,110
Posts935,690
Members42,781
Most Online1,229
Jan 21st, 2020
Image Posting Policy
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Antique Handplane Website start up #1337430 Thu Dec 12 2019 08:10 PM
T
tom moore Online OP
Shop Shark
Just curious if anyone here could PM me and help me better understand how to start a website. I have quite a collection of woodworking antique hand planes and want to start a website for those who want to share their expertise and their passion for them.

I don't have a clue as to what it would cost or how to expand it, funding it though partners in the project, probably have to use my personal funds not knowing what the start up and running costs would be, and what some pitfalls may be in time commitment, and any laws I need to know about, or resources I can research.. Now that retirement is nearing, it may be something I can devote some of my time to advancing, A new site like this would be nice for people like me who want to make their own planes, restore antique planes, use them, and trade/sell them.

thoughts?

Tom

Last edited by tom moore; Thu Dec 12 2019 08:26 PM.
Re: Antique Handplane Website start up [Re: tom moore] #1337438 Thu Dec 12 2019 10:31 PM
J
John Milliman Offline
Founder/Developer
Tom ... The best advice *I* can give you is to take a big hammer (10 lbs at least) and whack the holy crap out of your big toe with it every time you start thinking about starting a web site ... smile Repeat as often as necessary to make the idea go away.

Seriously, though, PM both Paul (Baldeagle) and I and we can share some thoughts about what we've learned over the last 25 years of doing this site.

John

'49 Chevrolet 3804

Moderated by  Bouncer, Justhorsenround, Tiny 

Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop