The Stovebolt Page Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Work those trucks!

Stovebolt is pleased to support the Salvation Army!
We're doing fine but many around the World are not. Instead of making a contribution to us this holiday season, how about making your contribution to a great organization with a long history of helping people in need around the world?

Stovebolt Site Search

Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
21 registered members (51 2 Ton, 4100 Fire Truck, 78buckshot, bhap, 3 invisible), 340 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums48
Topics116,485
Posts929,875
Members42,644
Most Online940
Apr 5th, 2017
Image Posting Policy
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Flex Head Ratcheting Wrench Sets #1333770 Thu Nov 14 2019 04:55 PM
HandyAndy Offline OP
Shop Shark
I've been wanting a Metric and SAE set of these wrenches for a while. I was just going to get the ratcheting wrench sets, but I've been told by several people to get the flex heads. BTW, GEARWRENCH has a lifetime warranty.

Any opinions, pro or con?

SAE

METRIC

Thanks,

Andy

His: 1947 Chevrolet 3100
Hers: 2008 American Saddlebred

"A Jack of all trades is a master of none, but oftentimes better than a master of one." - Benjamin Franklin
Re: Flex Head Ratcheting Wrench Sets [Re: HandyAndy] #1333780 Thu Nov 14 2019 06:00 PM
2-Ton Offline
Shop Shark
The swivel head ratchets are real Handy Andy. (Pun Intended)
But don't use them to break bolts loose or do the final torque with.
The ratchet is not that strong and you may strip the teeth off.

Don

Of all the things I've lost in my life, I miss my mind the most!

1967 GMC 9500 Fire Ladder Truck
"The Flag Pole"
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Photobucket
'46 2-Ton grain truck
'48 3/4-ton grain truck
'50 2-ton flatbed
'54 Pontiac Straight Eight
'70 American LaFrance pumper fire truck.
Re: Flex Head Ratcheting Wrench Sets [Re: HandyAndy] #1333782 Thu Nov 14 2019 06:28 PM
T
TUTS 59 Offline
Shop Shark
I have the Craftsman version of these wrenches. They are great for tight spots and odd angles, but as 2-Ton pointed out they are not so go good for torquing on. I also have a set of reversible ratchet wrenches, these have a thumb pawl for changing direction, these get the most use around my shop.

Craig

Come,Bleed or Blister somethings got to give!!!
Q:"What yah runnin"
A:"3/8 drive Black and Decker aquarium pump motor" (the movie HOTROD)

59' Apache 31, long term project (30 years and counting)
Re: Flex Head Ratcheting Wrench Sets [Re: HandyAndy] #1333794 Thu Nov 14 2019 07:19 PM
MNSmith Offline
"Hey! I sound like Darth Vader!!
I have the standard/non-flex head versions. Haven't had the need for a flex head yet. Maybe my work doesn't require me to go around corners. I have a flex head ratchet that I haven't used in forever. It tended to bust knuckles more than the standard version.

Moderated by  48bigtrucks, MNSmith 

Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop