The Stovebolt Page Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Work those trucks!

Stovebolt is pleased to support the Salvation Army!
We're doing fine but many around the World are not. Instead of making a contribution to us this holiday season, how about making your contribution to a great organization with a long history of helping people in need around the world?

Stovebolt Site Search

Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
19 registered members (Barnfind49, Bogart's Truck, Allen Lane, Bill Trotter, cmayna, 1 invisible), 364 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums48
Topics116,522
Posts930,159
Members42,646
Most Online940
Apr 5th, 2017
Image Posting Policy
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: One-handed keyboarding sucks! [Re: Hotrod Lincoln] #1333574 Wed Nov 13 2019 03:14 AM
K
klhansen Offline
Shop Shark
I have to agree with HRL about having to rely on crutches. It’s like all the new-fangled stuff on cars that’s dumbing down America’s driving skills (if they weren’t bad enough already 🙄).
But then again having a little fun with language isn’t a bad thing.
See this gem. Ladle Rat Rotten Hut
It passes a spell check but not necessarily a grammar check.

Kevin
First car '29 Ford Special Coupe
#2 - '29 Ford pickup restored from the ground up.
Newest Project - 51 Chevy 3100 work truck. Photos
Re: One-handed keyboarding sucks! [Re: 52Carl] #1333584 Wed Nov 13 2019 05:01 AM
R
Rich'sToys Offline
Shop Shark
Originally Posted by 52Carl

I believe what this poster meant to type was, "but it still makes one shake 'one's' head sometimes."
smile

You got me, Carl!! grin

Reading this thread reminds me of the joke:

"How many grammar Nazis does it take to change a light bulb?"

Too.

Rich

'47 Loadmaster

One of the biggest problems facing the world today is apathy. But who cares?

Re: One-handed keyboarding sucks! [Re: Hotrod Lincoln] #1334004 Sat Nov 16 2019 08:05 PM
D
Denny Graham Offline
Extreme Gabster
Well Jerry, I tain't been round for a while, first I heard about your ailment. I can sympathize with you
as I slipped on the ice two years ago and broke the end off the big bone at the wrist. Shifted the
whole right (the good one) over about 3/4 of an inch to the outside. The saw bones gave me
three choices as to what to do with it and the best one seems to be just let it heal where it was.
Took about a year before I could really start to use it all the time. So....now, I don't have 1/2 the
strength I did have in it, I'm restricted to the movement by about 30-40%....but.....it's only gotta
last another 23 years.
dg

Re: One-handed keyboarding sucks! [Re: Hotrod Lincoln] #1334005 Sat Nov 16 2019 09:03 PM
H
Hotrod Lincoln Offline OP
Boltergeist
Well, I'm faced with a bit of a dilemma- - - -do the flexing exercises the doc wants me to, which involves forcing the finger joints way past what's comfortable, or bandage it in a way that prevents flexion of the middle joint and minimizes the pain. If I flex, which keeps that joint from stiffening up, I have to take some pretty potent pain medication (opiods). Sort of like choosing to get beat to death with a stick or a chain! Plus, that amount of movement keeps breaking the incision open around the stitches! It's hard to heal up that way.
Jerry

The murder victim was drowned in a bathtub full of Rice Krispies and milk.
The coroner blamed the crime on a cereal killer!

Cringe and wail in fear, Eloi- - - - -we Morlocks are on the hunt!
Re: One-handed keyboarding sucks! [Re: Hotrod Lincoln] #1334626 Thu Nov 21 2019 04:09 PM
D
Denny Graham Offline
Extreme Gabster
After the cast came off with my wrist Jerry, they scheduled me for 6 weeks of PT. And....I went
for a couple of weeks, cuz the insurance was footing the bill....and, my therapist was a really
cute 30 something young lady.
All I got out of the sessions though, were a lot of pain and none of it seems to be getting my
hand working again.
So......I quit!!! And went back to what has always worked for me when I'd had an injury in the past.
Work!!!!! I started cranking handles on the milling machine and lathe and doing some light hammering
and twisting wrenches. Never thought I be able to turn my gimp wrist around enough to finger the
guitar, which I've beat on ever since I was a kid. But every day got a little bit better and now....I'm
up to about 70% or what I was, and don't expect to get much because of the way this quack left the
bones positioned.
But what the hey.......it's good enough to last me those next 23 years.
Denny G
Sandwich, IL

Re: One-handed keyboarding sucks! [Re: Hotrod Lincoln] #1334629 Thu Nov 21 2019 04:44 PM
W
WE b OLD Offline
Master Gabster
HHR is correct but now older people can have a secret code, it is called cursive writing.

Ron, The Computer Greek
I love therefore I am.

1960 MGA Roadster Sold 7/18/2017
1954 3100 Chevy truck in the Gallery
2017 Buick Encore
Pix on Photobucket
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Bouncer, Justhorsenround, Tiny 

Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop