The Stovebolt Page Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Work those trucks!

Stovebolt is pleased to support the Salvation Army!
We're doing fine but many around the World are not. Instead of making a contribution to us this holiday season, how about making your contribution to a great organization with a long history of helping people in need around the world?

Stovebolt Site Search

Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
23 registered members (1Ton_tommy, Dragsix, drdoug, Brad Allen, Craig /49 Panel, 2 invisible), 341 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums48
Topics116,486
Posts929,879
Members42,644
Most Online940
Apr 5th, 2017
Image Posting Policy
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: My New Project [Re: Playher] #1333582 Wed Nov 13 2019 04:45 AM
R
Rich'sToys Offline
Shop Shark
Looks like you found a dandy! Congratulations!
I love my '47, but have often wished it was a '46.

Rich

'47 Loadmaster

One of the biggest problems facing the world today is apathy. But who cares?

Re: My New Project [Re: Playher] #1333629 Wed Nov 13 2019 05:03 PM
T
TUTS 59 Offline
Shop Shark
I wouldn't change a thing, she's mighty straight and solid for her age. Very nice find.

Craig

Come,Bleed or Blister somethings got to give!!!
Q:"What yah runnin"
A:"3/8 drive Black and Decker aquarium pump motor" (the movie HOTROD)

59' Apache 31, long term project (30 years and counting)
Re: My New Project [Re: Playher] #1333722 Thu Nov 14 2019 05:51 AM
P
Playher Offline OP
New Guy
Thanks guys. Im a big fan of leaving things original if at all possible. To date, I have replaced the master and wheel cylinders and bled brakes, topped off the coolant, changed oil 3 times(man was it black!) to flush it all out, rebuilt the light switch, rebuilt the heater, rebuilt carb, rebuilt the generator, cleaned and flashed the regulator/generator and replaced all the light bulbs.I think the last guy either had a regulator problem or jumped it with a 12 volt because every bulb was burnt and then they disconnected all the wiring which is all original and in great shape. Once I hooked it all back up, installed new bulbs and the repairs listed above, everything worked like it should including the turn indicators and cigarette lighter!

I will repair the original seat and repair or replace the wiper header and wiper motor, replace the door and window seals with the old style cloth type, rebuild the old little defrost fan that is mounted on the windshield center frame then drive the heck out of it. Haven't been this excited about a project in a long time. The raw boned rugged yet delicate style of this thing really inspires me. The grand kids and I are gonna hit downtown Buffalo WY for the Christmas parade on December 7th. Ho Ho Ho

Question, How many of the following are OEM equipment, dealer, or owner installed?

1. Fog lights
2. Cab marker lights
3. Governor
4. Heater
5. Turn indicator and lights

There is only one rear factory looking park/brake light with factory wiring at the driver side complete with license plate bracket. Is this factory correct?

There is no factory wiring, light or light bracket at the passenger side rear park/brake and no signs that it was cut off. The turn indicators have their own wiring to both the front and rear and are not incorporated into the factory harness.

1946 WP Grain truck, 1966 c10 long stepside, 1975 c10 Silverado big block.
Re: My New Project [Re: Playher] #1333732 Thu Nov 14 2019 12:50 PM
S
sweepleader Online
Shop Shark
Others will know more than me but I would say the marker lights and governor are factory, the other items could be factory or dealer options or aftermarket. Sounds like they were all installed long ago, the wiring insulation and terminals would tell that story. If that matches the known factory stuff you are in like Flint and it could not get any better. One tail light was standard. I am very jealous of your truck.

Mac :{)

1962 K10 short step side, much modified for rally
1969 T50 fire truck, almost nos, needs a few things
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  69Cuda, Grigg 

Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop