The Stovebolt Page Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Work those trucks!

Stovebolt is pleased to support the Salvation Army!
We're doing fine but many around the World are not. Instead of making a contribution to us this holiday season, how about making your contribution to a great organization with a long history of helping people in need around the world?

Stovebolt Site Search

Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
13 registered members (4100 Fire Truck, Moseslester, 3800GUY, Gray_Ghost, joronabell, dougs), 266 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums48
Topics116,461
Posts929,702
Members42,641
Most Online940
Apr 5th, 2017
Image Posting Policy
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: One-handed keyboarding sucks! [Re: Hotrod Lincoln] #1333257 Mon Nov 11 2019 12:06 AM
52Carl Offline
Master Gabster
My poor Grammar lived till she was 97.
Wrecked her Harley at Bike Week...

Re: One-handed keyboarding sucks! [Re: Hotrod Lincoln] #1333261 Mon Nov 11 2019 01:20 AM
D
Dusty53 Offline
Shop Shark
Oh lord, those were all so enjoyable to read. Loved Jerry's spelling the pronunciation of New Jersey to a T.

Ronnie
1954 Chevy 3604 - A work in progress...

" You can't keep dancing with the Devil and wonder why you're still in hell"
Re: One-handed keyboarding sucks! [Re: Hotrod Lincoln] #1333287 Mon Nov 11 2019 04:52 AM
R
Rich'sToys Offline
Shop Shark
Best wishes for a speedy recovery, Jerry!

And good for you for being picky about your grammar, etc. I can't believe some of the stuff I read on another forum I belong to. I realize it's not that big a deal, but it still makes one shake his head sometimes.

Rich

'47 Loadmaster

One of the biggest problems facing the world today is apathy. But who cares?

Re: One-handed keyboarding sucks! [Re: Rich'sToys] #1333291 Mon Nov 11 2019 05:29 AM
52Carl Offline
Master Gabster
Originally Posted by Rich'sToys
Best wishes for a speedy recovery, Jerry!

And good for you for being picky about your grammar, etc. I can't believe some of the stuff I read on another forum I belong to. I realize it's not that big a deal, but it still makes one shake his head sometimes.

I believe what this poster meant to type was, "but it still makes one shake 'one's' head sometimes."
smile

Re: One-handed keyboarding sucks! [Re: Hotrod Lincoln] #1333428 Tue Nov 12 2019 03:05 AM
H
Hotrod Lincoln Offline OP
Boltergeist
Well, folks, the post-op checkup this morning went well- - - -no evidence of further infection, and I'm back to about 60% of my former hunt and peck typing speed. No, I'll never be a keyboard speed demon, but at least the typos are fewer and further between. There will be several physical therapy sessions in the coming weeks to get the flexibility back into my fingers, and if I know the ladies who helped me recover from a massive leg injury and carpal tunnel surgery a few years later as well as I think I do, they will do a very good job of making my life miserable, and I'll thank them for every minute of it!
Jerry

The murder victim was drowned in a bathtub full of Rice Krispies and milk.
The coroner blamed the crime on a cereal killer!

Cringe and wail in fear, Eloi- - - - -we Morlocks are on the hunt!
Re: One-handed keyboarding sucks! [Re: Hotrod Lincoln] #1333448 Tue Nov 12 2019 01:52 PM
tclederman Offline
Boltergeist
You all was just kidding about two much bad grammer (and, speling), and such?

Its a problem we have to deal with?

While reeding posts, many posters use bad grammer? No good punctuation, to.

I have just become to except them all.

Tim
1954Advance-Design.com
1954 3106 Carryall Suburban - part of the family for 48 years
1954 3104 5-window pickup w/Hydra-Matic - part of the family for 14 years
Z-series (54/55) GMC 350 (2-ton) COE - now part of Dave's family
- If you have to stomp on your foot-pedal starter, either you, or your starter, or your engine, has a problem.
- The 216 and early 235 engine are not "splash oilers" - this is a splash oiler.
Re: One-handed keyboarding sucks! [Re: Hotrod Lincoln] #1333449 Tue Nov 12 2019 02:02 PM
Justhorsenround Offline
Grease Monkey, Moderator General Truck Talk & Greasy Spoon
Just shows what a sad state our elementary education system is in. headscratch ohwell

Martin
'62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress)
'47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project)

"I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one!
Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line" and lock up those on the wrong side of that line.

Re: One-handed keyboarding sucks! [Re: Hotrod Lincoln] #1333453 Tue Nov 12 2019 03:02 PM
W
WE b OLD Offline
Master Gabster
If you want to seem somewhat erudite when posting download Grammarly, it is free. It corrects spelling and punctuation and grammar.

Ron, The Computer Greek
I love therefore I am.

1960 MGA Roadster Sold 7/18/2017
1954 3100 Chevy truck in the Gallery
2017 Buick Encore
Pix on Photobucket
Re: One-handed keyboarding sucks! [Re: Hotrod Lincoln] #1333475 Tue Nov 12 2019 05:15 PM
H
Hotrod Lincoln Offline OP
Boltergeist
It's a sad commentary on the state of our education system, when "mature" people have to depend on some sort of computer program to substitute for things they should have learned several decades ago. I have come to expect that people under 30 years old will have little, if any command of proper grammar, spelling, or punctuation, but for some of us "seasoned" citizens to admit to having the same problem is shocking!
Jerry

The murder victim was drowned in a bathtub full of Rice Krispies and milk.
The coroner blamed the crime on a cereal killer!

Cringe and wail in fear, Eloi- - - - -we Morlocks are on the hunt!
Re: One-handed keyboarding sucks! [Re: tclederman] #1333563 Wed Nov 13 2019 02:08 AM
52Carl Offline
Master Gabster
Originally Posted by tclederman
You all was just kidding about two much bad grammer (and, speling), and such?

Its a problem we have to deal with?

While reeding posts, many posters use bad grammer? No good punctuation, to.

I have just become to except them all.

Professor Tim, you cannot convince me that typing your post above did not cause you great mental anguish. How long was it before you could finally hit the "Post Reply" button?

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Bouncer, Justhorsenround, Tiny 

Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop